X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:46 AM

I have an xbox and I want to upgrade the hdd so that it will be able to play live with the upgraded hdd. I was told that I could do this as long as I hadn't signed up for live yet. My xbox before it was modded had someone elses' live account and they had played live and had their account and stuff. Can i update the hdd as long as I don't sign up for my live account until the hdd is formatted and upgraded? Thanks

#2 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:14 PM

Nope, upgrading the hard drive will break the prior marriage, and it will cause a ban.

The way you have to go about this is by flashing a new, virgin eeprom before you install your upgraded HDD. That way, you'll be marrying your virgin eeprom with your big HDD. And since you don't have a gamertag, you'll be creating a new one, leaving the "Banned by flagging" out of the way.

I would keep the already married Stock HDD and Stock EEPROM, just in case you need them in the future.

Good luck.

#3 tryintomod

tryintomod

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 September 2005 - 11:19 PM

ok so i need to purchase an eeprom from someone like zodiiak for $10 and then flash the new eeprom. Now I can upgrade my hdd and be able to have it on xbox live. Also when I format the hdd does it matter if it is formatted on the xbox that I'm going to use on live. Also What about the files on the hdd. Does it matter what files I have where on the hard drive or can there only be specific files in special spots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users