#1 Belthazor

Belthazor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:37 PM

Hello at all (sorry for my english)

Iīve got a great great problem grr.gif
When I go to make a loopback install, all seems normal (but 0.3 and 0.4 donīt ask you for a internet connection).
The file system and the swap are make good. Then I reboot the xbox to choose Loopback install in the screen resolution menu, and here is the problem: the next screen is that whith that cool blue background, whith half text line saying: Error loading kernel/linux24
I have tried to install filesystem and swap on E: and F:, but always appears that error grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif

WHYYYYY????????? (I donīt know much about linux)

#2 mod_n00b

mod_n00b

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:modding of course<br />starcraft on my box is my dream
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:31 PM

double posting is one thing but double topics, is something to stay away from. anyways about your problem it sounds like not all the files from the xdsl iso were found, linux24 is a file or rar'ed file.
it really depends on how u installed it to begin with, did u make an install cd? or did u load it via ftp? either way make sure u have all files for the installation, and then run the resolution menu screen and select cd if u used a cd, i dont know what etherboot is but it has to find a connection and i havent gotten that to work, so when u start up linux the first time and go to make loop back and it finishes u should be able to go and restart your xbox and pick FATX as an option in the start up menu, otherwise u maye have did it wrong, or i may be mistaken and there may be another way to do it but try that,

if all that didnt make any sense then here
1:make a boot cd of the xdsl install iso
2:either make a bootable cd-rw and load it that way, or extract the iso to a cd so that all the files are in the root dir of the cd
3. put the cd in and folow onscreen intructions then do loop[back and restart and pick FATX orr if u extracted the iso to a cd (In this case it doesnt need to be a cd-rw) open a xbox file explorer and search the cd and start the default.xbe manually, then do the same thing pretty much

u might want to copy the cd's contents over to the hdd also

#3 friedgold

friedgold

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:19 AM

Hmm not sure what has gone wrong here. I'd like to establish exactly which files are present. You should have (for loopback install to E)

E:\xdslfs
E:\KNOPPIX\linux24
E:\KNOPPIX\ird-loop.gz
E:\linuxboot.cfg

Do you have these files on your Xbox? If you do could you post the contents of linuxboot.cfg.

#4 Belthazor

Belthazor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:41 PM

Hello again

Sorry for the double post (the first time my post no appears, so I post again, and the result was two posts. Sorry again)

When I saw your reply, I notice that linux 24 was in KNNOPIX folder, so I copy linux24 to that folder, and loopback install was OK.

Thanks for your help (the first time I play D2, Iīll remember you, je je) beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users