Photo

Remote Power On With Wireless Controller.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 [-dick]

[-dick]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:23 PM

I want to find a solution for my desire to turn my modded box on and pff from the controller, but I refuse to use a wired controller. I saw the XERC mod but the site that sells those is offline. I also saw the "doorbell" remote on off, but I am jsut not feeling that mod.

I am left with staring at my wireless controller.

I would think the typical yellow wire mod will not work when using a wireless controller. Even if I am lucky enough to find the yellow wire inside the wireless controller, I would think the receiver end would have to have some bit of power on it when the Xbox is fully off.

Am I correct in these assumptions?

#2 Masterkizz

Masterkizz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:56 AM

There is no simple way of doing this.

I have looked into doing it myself with a logitech - But unless you want to spend a lot of time and money designing circuits and testing/breaking things, I would leave it be.

Use a xerc - They have many other features besides the power on.

The doorbell method also works quite well - ( Make sure its a decent RF doorbell to start with )

#3 [-dick]

[-dick]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 04:15 AM

Ooop....Problem solved.
SICKmods.com is back online. I tried to get there earlier and got a 404. I was worried they were gone.

Say hello to my lil' friend...Paypal.

cha-ching.

#4 CharredChar

CharredChar

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:12 AM

Personally Id do the doorbell mod, find a place inside of the controller to put it in. The XERC whatnot is a seperate controller.. that means youll have to get up to get that anyway.haha

#5 [-dick]

[-dick]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:51 PM

Not if you already have a universal remote that controls your tv, dvr, stereo and now your xBox.

I may not use XERC but the similar one at cheaplpc.com. I believe thats GreenGiants place. I can get the remote and some lcd stuff all in one shot from him.

As much as I have spent so for on this project, I really need to start buying more reasonably. THis thing is making me broke.

#6 greengiant

greengiant

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 01:38 AM

Contact me if you will be getting multiple items, so I can offer you discounts and the such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users