• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 the_buzz_man

the_buzz_man

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:01 AM

I have done many modchip installs, but never for anyone that will be using Live service.

I have read alot of info here, but wanted to double check everything just to make sure.

I have a v1.4 xbox that I have modded with 2.6CE and will be putting in a 250gb HDD. This xbox has never been on xbox live. I will be putting XBMC on drive E and using that as the dashboard, so the xboxdash.xbe file will go untouched, other than copying it over from the original HDD.

So, to play on live service, all that has to be done is to disable modchip. This should allow the original MS bios to run and boot to xboxdash.xbe. There shouldn't be any problems with getting on Live.

The only questions I have is about this locking the HDD stuff. Will the HDD automatically be locked since the modchip is disabled, or is there another step I have to do to lock the HDD.

I appreciate any info/input given.

Thank You!!

the_buzz_man

#2 Statecowboy

Statecowboy

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:07 AM

You should be able to lock the hdd through the bios. If not, download a hard drive lock/unlock tool from the usual places.

And yes, it does have to be locked to run the stock bios and hence, the stock dash to get on live.

And no the hard drive will not be automatically locked.

Edited by Statecowboy, 15 September 2005 - 05:07 AM.

#3 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:21 AM

config magic or a slayers disc can lock the HD

#4 the_buzz_man

the_buzz_man

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 01:57 AM

Alright now. Once I transfer all the files from the original HDD to the new 250gb one, all I have to do is boot to the Flashbios and lock the HDD. From then on, as long as the modchip is disabled, I should be able to access Live with no problems.

Will locking the HDD have any effect on accessing the HDD via FTP or with backing up games with the modchip on. I still will be able to see and use the F: Drive, correct?

If this is all correct, then I think I understand and can quit bothering yall.

Thank You!!

the_buzz_man

#5 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,752 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 02:27 AM

locking the HD has no effect on anythign other than ability to boot with the retail bios, FTP, drive access and all the other good stuff is uneffected (since the drive is unlocked on boot)

#6 the_buzz_man

the_buzz_man

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:07 AM

OK, I booted to banks 3 & 4 (Flashbios 3.03) and locked the HDD. I can now disable the mod and it will boot up fine, straight to the xboxdash. If I enable the mod, then it boots to xbmc. Everything seems to be working.

Since it boots straight to the MS dash with the chip disabled, that means the HDD is locked and I should be able to get onto Live with no worries. Once again, this is a virgin HDD & EEprom.

I believe I understand now, correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the info.

the_buzz_man

#7 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,752 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(the_buzz_man @ Sep 16 2005, 05:18 AM)
OK, I booted to banks 3 & 4 (Flashbios 3.03) and locked the HDD. I can now disable the mod and it will boot up fine, straight to the xboxdash. If I enable the mod, then it boots to xbmc. Everything seems to be working.

Since it boots straight to the MS dash with the chip disabled, that means the HDD is locked and I should be able to get onto Live with no worries. Once again, this is a virgin HDD & EEprom.

I believe I understand now, correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the info.

the_buzz_man

View Post

yep, everythign seems good to go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users