6 replies to this topic

#1 Thorin

Thorin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:25 AM

I have ran into a situation where the Xbox will not load a game from either the Hard drive or the DVD drive. I have tried swapping DVD drives and hard drives. The Xbox has the TSOP split with a toggle. Original + X2.5035 I have tried other bios as well to no avail. I have modded many Xbox's so I know all about the Read the pinned topic: Troubleshooting Game Backup Problems This is not a typical problem. The same games will work on a different Xbox no problem. I took heatsinks off and cleaned up and reinstalled with Artic Silver, no change. Temps came down a little, but still seem a little high 50 - 53 C on CPU 40 C on MB. Could power supply be culprit? Will try when I get one soon. I have seen similar problem in the past, but it was only 1-2 games. This time it is games like Halo, Halo 2, Fable etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

#2 Highcode

Highcode

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 02:23 AM

Have you tried a different IDE Cable ,i had this once sorted it right out.

Highcode

#3 Thorin

Thorin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 02:57 AM

I just tried the IDE Cable and it did not work. Thanks for the reply though! Just to revise a little my temps are 55C on CPU and 47C on MB at idle in the dashboard. This seems high. What does anyone think?

#4 Thorin

Thorin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:09 PM

Has nobody else run into a problem where an Xbox just did not like loading games that you know are good? If you have and don't have a fix let me at least hear that?

#5 rixter110

rixter110

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:xbox duh
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:26 PM

The Xbox has the TSOP split with a toggle.

maybe your problem is there?

#6 Thorin

Thorin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:29 AM

It was not the power supply. I will try shortening the wires connected to the toggle next.

#7 Thorin

Thorin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 05:47 PM

It was not the toggle! It appears that all I can figure, is that it was just a flakey Motherboard that would not play some games. I swapped out motherboards and it worked perfectly. beerchug.gif

Edited by Thorin, 21 September 2005 - 05:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users