#1 majorx2

majorx2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:34 AM

http://www.edgeforum...?threadid=56428

I would hate to use this. It just would be hard to use but if the were connected like your normal sony/xbox controlle it would be better. And i thought ps3 had it bad but atleast that was a normal controller.

Good controller: M$ has my vote!

#2 dajuice

dajuice

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:41 AM

Yeah I wasn't too impressed with it too. I mean this is what the whole top-secret controller was all about? Maybe it might still be too early too judge, but it doesn't seem to be something that will revolutionize the gaming industry.

#3 majorx2

majorx2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:51 AM

i would see if it was connected but this would suck cause the left side would slide out i think playstation would be ok but there JAPS they have small hands! bill had it right on the s type, just right

#4 Helios

Helios

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 17 September 2005 - 05:07 AM

Well this way left hand people could have the analog either on the right or the left so thats pretty cool in itself. Another thing it would feel ok because you can move both the analog attachment and the remote further apart which is good for me cos I am a big fella with big hands and some old style controllers like Snes were not really good for me and this way people will be able to put their hands in positions that are confortable. Anyway I remember looking at the Xbox controller and thinking that it looked shit and wouldn't be good to use (This was when it FIRST came out lol) and it is just fine so I think that we will all get used to it. I don't know about using classic games on it though like Snes, N64 and Gamecube like it said you could play on the Rev. Anyway I am buying one smile.gif But then again I am buying the Xbox 360 as well and PS3 depending on what games its got as exclusives. Anyway ciao!

#5 m_hael

m_hael

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 September 2005 - 05:12 AM

The revolution controller offers a FAR wider range of possibilities than any of the other consoles whilst in itself inherently limiting those tried and tested (DULL) control regimes.

I think we'll see a plethora of good games coming out specifically for the Revolution; some you'll expect.. others you most certainly will not.

In the end it all depends if you play games to conform or because you enjoy having fun... personally I think it looks fun.

#6 Helios

Helios

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 05:24 AM

Yeah same. I think it will be cool. I will be very interested in how Metroid Prime 3 turns out for gameplay with this controller because I am a Metroid fan. Loved it since 1993 lol. anywho it wil be really cool

#7 majorx2

majorx2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 05:24 AM

im gonna laugh if revo gives m$ and sony a big kick in the nuts! my dad just told me like 3hs ago that hed get me 1 yay! im gonna get 360 ps3 and mybe the revo cause i like sonic and zelda and its too late to get a cube now

#8 Bogus8

Bogus8

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 06:09 AM

I think it's interesting... I'm not a nintendo fan but I'd like to play with the controller.

Back in the day I had a 1976 Fairchild System and it had a killer controller for it's time and nothing came close till PSX. It was 4 directions, push down, pull up, and twist left and right even nintendo in the 1985 Nintendo didn't have as many functions (unless you count start and select). It was and still is a radically different controller and no it wouldn't work today but the point is revolutionary ideas are sometimes great things. Just don't judge a book by its cover is all I'm saying wink.gif

#9 Helios

Helios

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 06:10 AM

Lol its never too late to buy any game console lol. I just bought the Gamecube to get Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 and then bought Wind Waker cos I am a Zelda fan too smile.gif I am gonna buy an old Nes cos I never got one when I was little. I got the Super Nes when I was little though and still have that cos I hoard all my consoles to look cool lol. That sounds really nerdish doesnt it? Hahaha ohh well I love the old classics and thats why I am getting a Revo; so I can play the Nes, Snes, N64 and Gamecube games on it as well as get Revo titles smile.gif

#10 VariableElite

VariableElite

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:03 PM

Don't buy an NES, get a Messiah Generation NEX instead. biggrin.gif

Linkage, should be first on the list, supposedly launches in October.

#11 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 17 September 2005 - 05:33 PM

We have 5 topics on the same subject...i'm closing the 2 most recent. Please post in one of the others if you have something to say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users