miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE(Shinamano @ Sep 20 2005, 09:02 PM)
This is what I was talking about...I think Sega took this generation off to get prepped to make a big comeback...and from the looks of what they have shown they will do just that.

View Post

Yeah Sega went through a major transitional period in this current generation.
EA was cocky when they learned that Sega was leaving the hardware business and focusing on software primarily.
And with Sammy's hostile takeover, everyone including myself thought Sega was doomed. Everyone assumed Sammy would force Sega to focus more on the arcade business than the consoles.
And what do you know, the merger with Sammy has done wonders for Sega across the board.

I'd be concerned if I were EA right now.
Not only is Sega aiming to become the number one software developer, but they are going all out in publishing as well. If there is one company with enough amo to push EA off the top, it is Sega and no one else.

RIP EA lurk.gif

Edited by miggidy, 20 September 2005 - 11:45 PM.

#18 Shinamano

Shinamano

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 12:39 AM

I would love to see Sega take the top spot love.gif

#19 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 September 2005 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE(miggidy @ Sep 20 2005, 06:55 PM)
Yeah Sega went through a major transitional period in this current generation.
EA was cocky when they learned that Sega was leaving the hardware business and focusing on software primarily.
And with Sammy's hostile takeover, everyone including myself thought Sega was doomed. Everyone assumed Sammy would force Sega to focus more on the arcade business than the consoles.
And what do you know, the merger with Sammy has done wonders for Sega across the board.

I'd be concerned if I were EA right now.
Not only is Sega aiming to become the number one software developer, but they are going all out in publishing as well. If there is one company with enough amo to push EA off the top, it is Sega and no one else.

RIP EA lurk.gif

View Post

being a long time sega fan, i would want nothing more then EA being kicked off the top spot by sega. some of the most impressive next gen titles are coming from sega and i cant wait to get my hands on them.

SEGA!

#20 brooksie48

brooksie48

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 12:42 AM

In my favorite dev list goes as follows.
1.) Ubisoft (Montreal)
2.)MS game studios (I know there a publisher and cover many dev teams so don't bitch)
3.)Sega

Edited by brooksie48, 21 September 2005 - 12:42 AM.

#21 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE(brooksie48 @ Sep 20 2005, 07:53 PM)
In my favorite dev list goes as follows.
1.) Ubisoft (Montreal)
2.)MS game studios (I know there a publisher and cover many dev teams so don't bitch)
3.)Sega

View Post

couple those with mine and we got ourselves a partaaaaaaaaay beerchug.gif

#1. Epic [Unreals/UTs/Gears]
#2. Ubisoft (Montreal) [Splinters/Recons/R6s]
#3. Team Ninja/Tecmo [DOAs, Mr. Hayabusa!!/Fatal Frame]

The Sega of old would be next smile.gif

#22 brooksie48

brooksie48

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:13 AM

Damn I forgot Epic, they would take Sega's spot. And what the hell is "In my favorite dev list". I have been off lately, very off.

#23 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:56 AM

I know the EA execs would commit suicide if Sega were the ones to over take them. They really don't like each other....

Ubisoft is probably the fastest growing developement/publishing company of this generation.
EA sees this and that's why they wanna take over them.
I despise EA grr.gif

You guys don't know but they once responded to my resume (a few years ago in Monster.com).
Many people here in Silicon Valley would die to work for the world's number one video game software publisher. But not me, I have too much pride for my own good dry.gif It pisses me off when ever we get a vendor or contracter boasting about some of the perks EA's employees get.
Oh I would love to say, "Hey, what happenned to your EA now????".
Oh well, I can at least poke fun at the fact the world's number one publisher was taken to court for trying to take advantage of its engineers laugh.gif

#24 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 September 2005 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE(miggidy @ Sep 20 2005, 10:07 PM)
I despise EA grr.gif

You guys don't know but they once responded to my resume (a few years ago in Monster.com).
Many people here in Silicon Valley would die to work for the world's number one video game software publisher. But not me, I have too much pride for my own good dry.gif It pisses me off when ever we get a vendor or contracter boasting about some of the perks EA's employees get.
Oh I would love to say, "Hey, what happenned to your EA now????".
Oh well, I can at least poke fun at the fact the world's number one publisher was taken to court for trying to take advantage of its engineers laugh.gif

View Post

I would have done the same, once I despise someone, they no longer exist. Pride, stubborness, whatever it is, it partly defines who we are.

I feel the same about sony. fug em.

I wouldnt change for all the $$ in the world. Glad to see Im not the only wacko around here jester.gif

#25 nova805

nova805

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:33 AM

I wouldn't mind sega taking the top over EA... followed closely by Ubisoft and MS gamestudios (just because they have so many awesome games developers, including Rare which is by far one of my favorite developers (my roots go deep with em))

If EA died I would only miss a couple games... but those would most likely improve under other publishers, such as BF1942, MoH series, NFS series, and Burnout series, along with some other miscelaneous games....
the MoH series is complete crap anymore, the NFS series needs some drastic changes, and i loved Burnout3, and the newest Burnout game is a lot of fun, but they didnt seems to change much (typical EA I know).... other than the tiger woods games I haven't found any of their sports games which i liked more than others of the same sport (IE, madden compared to NFL2K...) the problem I have is that all of my friends play madden, and every other EA sports games... when I try to show them other football games they hate them because its not madden....

I doubt EA will fall anytime soon, but if sega and other publishers step it up and give em some stiffer competition, maybe we will see more quality titles outta EA... (never thought i would say that blink.gif )

#26 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Sep 21 2005, 04:18 AM)
Glad to see Im not the only wacko around here  jester.gif

View Post