• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Souperfro

Souperfro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 11:41 PM

I modded my xbox the other day, found out how to connect my xbox ftp, and uploaded all my songs to it's own folder and it plays the music with ease on the "desktop", but once I go into a game I go to choose the playlist with all the songs, and that one doesnt show up, just the other, older music I ripped from my cds. ANY HELP plz, THNX.

Edited by Souperfro, 17 September 2005 - 11:43 PM.

#2 xmedia2004

xmedia2004

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Pissing on the StatusQuo
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 17 September 2005 - 11:50 PM

Games that support custom soundtracks play music that you ripped from the MS dashboard. I am not sure but the MS dash I believe doesn't rip these tracks into mp3 format like the music you ftp'd to xbox.

I play custom tracks in Forzoa but this are ripped nut uploaded. I would imagine there is an app to convert mp3 to whatever format this is instead of ripping via MS DASH.

#3 darkninjalo

darkninjalo

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 September 2005 - 12:34 AM

All music that you rip from a cd using the M$ dash is converted to WMA (Windows Media Audio).
It is stored in TDATA/fffe0000 (or something like that)/music...
In that folder is all your custom soundtracks and a file called ST.DB (database file). In that database is all the information about the custom soundtracks.

When you play a game with custom soundtracks it looks in that batabase file for the custom soundtracks info.
So in turn if it was FTP'ed to the xbox then the database file is not updated with that new cd.
Understand?
beerchug.gif

#4 Souperfro

Souperfro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:51 AM

Alright, thnx guys for the much needed info, so do you guys know a way for my xbox to recognize this music from ftp and play it ingame? You guys with the modded xboxes did that right?

EDIT: FOUND THAT DB FILE

Edited by Souperfro, 18 September 2005 - 01:55 AM.

#5 Souperfro

Souperfro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:59 AM

Alright, now it says that this folder doesn't allow changing of files, anybody know how to get around this? It is in E drive of my xbox.

Edited by Souperfro, 18 September 2005 - 02:00 AM.

#6 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:02 AM

There is a program called Xbox Music Manager. It allows you to upload music from your PC to your Xbox EASILY so that you can't futz it up.
I would try this, as it is MUCH easier, and it can't play MP3's.

#7 Souperfro

Souperfro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:04 AM

CATTY that sounds like a good idea, but okay the only reason of my topic is to get it to play INGAME, does it let you do this?

#8 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:07 AM

Sorry, I gave you the wrpng link.
It is called Soundtrack Editor.
Yes, it lets you play things in-game.

It uploads any WMA file to your Xbox and puts them in the correct folder. Check on THIS PAGE.

#9 Souperfro

Souperfro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Sep 18 2005, 03:18 AM)
Sorry, I gave you the wrpng link.
It is called Soundtrack Editor.
Yes, it lets you play things in-game.

It uploads any WMA file to your Xbox and puts them in the correct folder.  Check on THIS PAGE.

View Post

You are awesome, so much thnx I already have it up and running, THNX

#10 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:18 AM

There is another app xbox soundtrack manager which is newer, http://dwl.xbox-scen...anager_0002.zip

#11 Souperfro

Souperfro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:21 AM

Does that work with Mp3's ??

IF IT DOES i will get it This will take all night to just convert 400 songs to wma's

EDIT: I just downloaded that newer one, I don't know how to use it, it wont open on my computer, maybe its supposed to go onto my xbox? tell me how but for now I'm converting my wma's///

Edited by Souperfro, 18 September 2005 - 02:24 AM.

#12 Souperfro

Souperfro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:37 AM

Okay, I jsut got a program that converts my entire collection together, so I'm usin soundtrack editor and audio conversion wizard, so far, so good.

#13 Souperfro

Souperfro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:34 PM

O man, okay I got everything converted and I go to copy everything with soundtrack editor and it worked I was like yay, BUT I get done doing everything and I close the program and then go over to my xbox and then a third of them (about 300) of my songs aren't there, is there a limit to the number of, length of, or size when I do this?

#14 Hardware

Hardware

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 05:07 AM

when you convert mp3 files to wma I would set the bitrate to 64Kb, otherwise you run the risk of having games lock up. should be no limit.

#15 123456789123456789

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:40 AM

There an old softmod audio hack that took advantage of the xboxes soundtrack limit but I think thats only the amount of soundtracks not actual songs. So as long as you don't have hundreds of soundtracks everything should work fine.

Also, the E partition of the xbox is only so big and thats where all your soundtracks go no matter how big your harddrive is. So if you only use your E drive for saves and soundtracks you're still only gonna be able to fit so many songs on it.

Also, set your bitrate to at 128 or else your songs will sound crappy. I think thats even the bitrate the msdash uses. I have never had a problem with games freezing.

Edited by 123456789123456789, 15 October 2005 - 07:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users