#1 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:12 PM

i know most would say that of course MS say what they did, but they did it in a proffesional and respectable manner. i think that peter, j Allard and bach are confident because they have reasons beyond our understanding to be so confident with out any worry. if this was coming from Kenny K. then im sure it would include something about xbox 1.5.

"Gamers are a very smart bunch, and gamers who still haven't seen a PS3 or seen one played, will make the determination. The English expression is, the proof of the pudding is in the tasting. Having videos, having characters in videos... The fact that they feel the need to have Snake tell you that it's powerful, that could be seen as a sign of worry, or weakness, potentially," Moore concluded.

http://www.gamesindu...e.php?aid=11621

#2 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:41 PM

You're nothing but a fanboy for posting this crap! How dare Peter Moore comment on something he knows nothing about!

MGS 4 is the best looking thing ever! It eclipsed Killzone 24.8, and Devil May Cry 17 will eclipse that!

I hate Peter and J and Robbie, they are wastes of skin. They need to follow in the footsteps of Gabe Newell and Kenny K, and my personal pal who cant make up his mind, Hideo Kojima laugh.gif

back to reality...

Never thought of it that way, but Peter has a point.

I look forward to January'February when Kenny K announces to the world the ps3 has been drastically delayed, and wont hit US soil till Fall 2006, at the earliest. It shall happen, mark my fanboy words.

And if they do rush it out, it will hold the record for most malfunctioning sony product ever. And thats saying a lot ph34r.gif

#3 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Sep 19 2005, 12:52 PM)
You're nothing but a fanboy for posting this crap! How dare Peter Moore comment on something he knows nothing about!

MGS 4 is the best looking thing ever! It eclipsed Killzone 24.8, and Devil May Cry 17 will eclipse that!

I hate Peter and J and Robbie, they are wastes of skin. They need to follow in the footsteps of Gabe Newell and Kenny K, and my personal pal who cant make up his mind, Hideo Kojima  laugh.gif

back to reality...

I look forward to January'February when Kenny K announces to the world the ps3 has been drastically delayed, and wont hit US soil till Fall 2006, at the earliest. It shall happen, mark my fanboy words.

And if they do rush it out, it will hold the record for most malfunctioning sony product ever. And thats saying a lot  ph34r.gif

View Post

rotfl.gif

#4 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:54 PM

The fact that they feel the need to have Snake tell you that it's powerful, that could be seen as a sign of worry, or weakness, potentially," Moore concluded.

Peter Moore, you want to know why they used Snake? Because it will appeal to Playstation fans you fucking dipshit. Moore just used the same silly and idiotic logic that Grill Master Ken uses (that x fanboys poke at) yet the xbox fanboys will rejoice over it when Moore does it. Hypocrites rolleyes.gif

Edited by deftonesmx17, 19 September 2005 - 05:59 PM.

#5 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Sep 19 2005, 01:05 PM)
Peter Moore, you want to know why they used Snake? Because it will appeal to Playstation fans you fucking dipshit. Moore just used the same silly and idiotic logic that Grill Master Ken uses yet the xbox fanboys will rejoice over it. Hypocrites rolleyes.gif

View Post

how so when sony does nothing but preach about how they think the 360 is weak, no one at MS right-out ever said the ps3 was weak. they are mearly showing dents in their armor and confidense. i am no fanboy and like MS i can give credit where its due (MGS4 looks great but nothing the 360 cant do) where as sony just shows ignorance and over confidense on their hold of the industry because people will believe anything they puke up.

#6 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Sep 19 2005, 01:11 PM)
how so when sony does nothing but preach about how they think the 360 is weak, no one at MS right-out ever said the ps3 was weak.  they are mearly showing dents in their armor and confidense.  i am no fanboy and like MS i can give credit where its due (MGS4 looks great but nothing the 360 cant do) where as sony just shows ignorance and over confidense on their hold of the industry because people will believe anything they puke up.

View Post

So I take it that you don't understand the difference between the two cultures of the two companies?

#7 brooksie48

brooksie48

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:20 PM

The Japenese aren't all like that.

#8 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:38 PM

Moore has a point here, and all these "trailers" Sony has been releasing sure makes it seem as a sign of worry on Sony's behalf.

Remember, Sony publically showed signs of concern when M$ started pointing to a Fall 05 release of the Xbox 360.
There's nothing Sony can do to stop M$ from releasing the X360 this year, the best they can do is to try to sway as many gamers as they can from the Xbox 360.
And showing a bunch of high quality trailers is their best way of doing this, even if the trailers aren't honest.

It worked against the Dreamcast, so Sony thinks it will work against the X360.
Makes total sense to me.... dry.gif

#9 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Sep 19 2005, 01:16 PM)
So I take it that you don't understand the difference between the two cultures of the two companies?

View Post

i understand the difference but sony being a japanese company has little to do with there culture (isnt the new head CEO from europe??) i just respect the way that they do business in the game industry. and like it was said before, the japanese are nothing like the attitude that sony has taken towards the 360. i see the japanese as mostly respectful, intellegent, and very disciplined culture. that is not sony.

like i said from the start MS has done a more professional method of refering to sony then how sony has attacked MS. i would think there are reasons for sony going on the offensive like they have, if such confidense behind there product was really there, then there would be no need to lash out to a welcome competitor.

#10 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:48 PM

Ok let me paint the picture clear since none of you can see it.
Moore says the following.
"The fact that they feel the need to have Snake tell you that it's powerful, that could be seen as a sign of worry, or weakness, potentially," Moore concluded.

Now to finish the picture for the blind fanboys. If Ken was to say the following, "The fact that they feel the need to have MTV (and Elijah Wood) tell you that it's powerful, that could be seen as a sign of worry, or weakness, potentially," Ken concluded., you hypocritical bastards would come up with all sorts of things to say about him. rolleyes.gif

#11 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Sep 19 2005, 01:59 PM)
Ok let me paint the picture clear since none of you can see it.
Moore says the following.
Now to finish the picture for the blind fanboys. If Ken was to say the following, "The fact that they feel the need to have MTV (and Elijah Wood) tell you that it's powerful, that could be seen as a sign of worry, or weakness, potentially," Ken concluded., you hypocritical bastards would come up with all sorts of things to say about him. rolleyes.gif

View Post

now now there is no need for name calling biggrin.gif

your assuming things you cant because Kenny K hasnt taken even a light approach to attacking the 360, he has taken very direct, immiture, and improffesional comments towards the 360. anyone with a brain, including you for the most part, can see why MS chose to debut the 360 on MTV to reach the masses that wouldnt be considered hardcore gamers. why do you think that most of us hardcore gamers were dissapointed with the show and lack of actaul details of the system. MS has taken a very smart approach to both sides of the fence (IMO) they had the ourcolony for the hardcore and MTV for the less informed public.

#12 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Sep 19 2005, 01:57 PM)
i understand the difference but sony being a japanese company has little to do with there culture (isnt the new head CEO from europe??)  i just respect the way that they do business in the game industry.  and like it was said before, the japanese are nothing like the attitude that sony has taken towards the 360.  i see the japanese as mostly respectful, intellegent, and very disciplined culture.  that is not sony.

like i said from the start MS has done a more professional method of refering to sony then how sony has attacked MS.  i would think there are reasons for sony going on the offensive like they have, if such confidense behind there product was really there, then there would be no need to lash out to a welcome competitor.

View Post

If the Japanese culture is nothing like $ony, why do they buy it? Since they are intelligent, they should see the childish ways of $ony, should they not?
Since $ony has always acted like this and it is nothing new, why have they dominated the Japanese market?
When a company is ran by an American market, it is an American company and therefore acts like and American Company. When a company is ran by a Japanese market, it is a Japanese company and therefore acts like a Japanese company. Now, I ask you how them being a Japanese company has nothing to do with their culture? I also should note that Japanese companies are very competitive. Hence, the way $ony acts.

#13 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Sep 19 2005, 02:13 PM)
If the Japanese culture is nothing like $ony, why do they buy it? Since they are intelligent, they should see the childish ways of $ony, should they not?
Since $ony has always acted like this and it is nothing new, why have they dominated the Japanese market?
When a company is ran by an American market, it is an American company and therefore acts like and American Company. When a company is ran by a Japanese market, it is a Japanese company and therefore acts like a Japanese company. Now, I ask you how them being a Japanese company has nothing to do with their culture? I also should note that Japanese companies are very competitive. Hence, the way $ony acts.

View Post

yes its a japanese company but like i said wasnt a european just appointed the head CEO?? and i believe that japanese buy their products because of the loyalty that japanese have. its not a bad thing but like any other culture it could carry some nagative effects. i never said that them being a japanese company has nothing to do with there culture, i just pointed out the differences between the japanese culture and the way sony conducts their business.

#14 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:10 PM

And guess what, $ony conducts their business just like most Japanese companies. Like we are talking about, Grill Master Ken is not European.........

QUOTE(KAGE360)
your assuming things you cant because Kenny K hasnt taken even a light approach to attacking the 360, he has taken very direct, immiture, and improffesional comments towards the 360

Here are some threads, two of which you started to trash Ken when he says something

Thread 1 Started by you over the price and how Ken said it rolleyes.gif
http://forums.xbox-s...opic=424434&hl=
Thread 2 Started by you over him saying the same shit Robbie Bach said
http://forums.xbox-s...opic=403936&hl=
And I quote from this article
Asahi Shinbun: What do you think of the competitors' machines? Will Sony continue to dominate the gaming market?

Robbie Bach: ................blah................blah.......................Sony's [PS3] will be able to use seven controllers simultaneously and connect with two high-definition TV sets. But it's hard to share a single screen with seven people, and it's also difficult to imagine a room with two high-definition TV sets. We don't know about the selling price yet, but to say the least, our cost of manufacturing [an Xbox 360] is less than Sony's [PS3].
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Asahi Shinburn: What do you think of the competitors' machines? Will Sony continue to dominate the gaming market?

Ken Kutaragi: MS is trailing behind us, but they are not a threat. They are good at improving [on products], but we will be advancing to the next level with revolutionary technology. Beating us for a short moment is like accidentally winning a point from a Shihan (Karate master), and MS is still not a black belt. Just like with their operating systems, they might come out with something good around the third generation of their release.

It seems to me, both made immature unprofessional remarks.......................if you are going to consider what Ken said as those things. rolleyes.gif

Edited by deftonesmx17, 19 September 2005 - 08:16 PM.

#15 Andy51

Andy51

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 19 September 2005 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Sep 19 2005, 06:52 PM)

I hate Peter and J and Robbie, they are wastes of skin. They need to follow in the footsteps of Gabe Newell and Kenny K, and my personal pal who cant make up his mind, Hideo Kojima  laugh.gif

back to reality...

And if they do rush it out, it will hold the record for most malfunctioning sony product ever. And thats saying a lot  ph34r.gif

View Post

Ew a Playstation 3 forum I MUST LEAVE!!!

And MGS 4 and every friggin' game for Ps3 are pre-rendered right now

Don't bother flaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users