#1 NACE1980

NACE1980

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:17 PM

Hi biggrin.gif

I have backup'ed two of my games onto the hardrive. The HDDLoader program lists both games, but once i go into the GAMES menu on the dashboard only one is listed. The gamelist.txt notes both games having the same name. I have amended the list but it didnt make any difference. How do i make the second backup appear in the GAMES menu?

Sorry to sound like a bit of a noob but any help recieved will be much appreciated. Cheers wink.gif

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:27 PM

Easy solution: Don't use PX. You may be using an old version. It names games stupidly (pxgame001, pxgame002, or something like that) and puts them in a different directory (HDLOADER?). It also doesn't give you the option to change any of that. Use dvd2xbox and the games will show up.

Other solution: Change your dashboard's INI or XML file to search the directory the games are put in. It may be called "HDLOADER" but I don't remember off the top of my head.

Using px will continue this and it gets really confusing because it's hard to tell which game is which. dvd2xbox names the folders according to what game they are. Much easier. smile.gif

#3 NACE1980

NACE1980

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 September 2005 - 03:42 PM

I was using Px HDD Loader v1.3a to back my games up onto the hardrive. Dvd2xbox worked a treat, problem solved. Cheers chefelf biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users