#1 Yo_Joe

Yo_Joe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:03 PM

ok is there an instillation guide?
or is this adapter not good for these versions
i installed the xchip and adapter as normal but i didnt use the 4 spring wires that are used on the 1.6
when i powered up the chip it lit up red like it should but when i go to install the slayers disc it doesnt read it
i have tried reinstalling the bios (i know the bios is right because i used it before)
tried everywhere even on easybuy forums many others are having the same problem is this adapter only good for the 1.6
any help would be great
i am trying to install on a 1.4/1.5 box

Edited by Yo_Joe, 20 September 2005 - 04:04 PM.

#2 Yo_Joe

Yo_Joe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:52 PM

ok i fgured it out the old adapter is apart of the new adapter
all you have to do is seperate the black part and you have the orignal x-chip solderless adaptor
i feel like an idiot because how simple it is but hey i guess no one else could help me.

#3 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Interests:messing with xboxes and cars
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:38 PM

I too am trying to figure out why easybuy2000 would publicly say again and again that the adaptor is universal (1.0-1.6) yet they don't release any info except for the 1.6 xbox motherboard.

Could you give me some some specifics on what you did to get it to work?
then maybe I can write a small guide with some pics for the next bunch of people who buy the solderless adatpers...

#4 copyguy

copyguy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:18 AM

I couldn't even get it to work on a 1.6 with an Xchip that works fine on another 1.6 with the Xodus SP... I RMA'd it after getting no response from their techs and every Xchip forum I've found seems to be a ghost town...just look at the number of posts in this forum group compared to the Xodus one...

The xchip itself is great...I just wish I knew how to solder better so I wouldn't have to rely on a solderless to begin with.

#5 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:05 AM

I just wish they still sold those inexpensive 1.0-1.5 adapaters...
(by the way if they still do please tell me where!)

#6 -copyguy-

-copyguy-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE(82_Z28 @ Sep 22 2005, 10:16 PM)
I just wish they still sold those inexpensive 1.0-1.5 adapaters...
(by the way if they still do please tell me where!)

View Post

you mean like this?

http://www.modwhiz.c...us-p-16151.html

#7 Yo_Joe

Yo_Joe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 05:45 PM

ok 82 z28 i noticed you posted on easybuy2000 forums as well
everyone says the techs are not helping them call them on the phone thats what i did
and as far as adaptor goes the orginal x-chip adaptor is apart of the new adaptor just picture the old adaptor connected to the new one and pull it apart
i emailed you a pic z28
the part of the adaptor that is white comes off
it pulls right off and you have the 1.0-1.5 adaptor the x chip plugs in just like it always did
i hope this is helpful

also i was modding a 1.4-1.5 and it kept fraging found out it wasnt a short or a bad bios it was a bad chip so i am having to exchange for another one

Edited by Yo_Joe, 23 September 2005 - 05:53 PM.

#8 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 06:52 PM

doh!
thanks for the link
I will use it next time around wink.gif

also i was modding a 1.4-1.5 and it kept fraging found out it wasnt a short or a bad bios it was a bad chip so i am having to exchange for another one

I think I may have the same situation but I'm not 100% sure yet. still testing, but at least now I'm getting the red LED on the chip (or at least until it frags)

thanks again for the pic

#9 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:29 PM

heres some pics for people who are still trying to figure it out

EDIT:
damnit... well XS doesn't like imageshack anymore...
if any one needs the pics e-mail me or pm me

Edited by 82_Z28, 23 September 2005 - 07:32 PM.

#10 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 07:20 PM

well it took me a while, mainly cause I'm lazy but I finnally put all the pics in one place for anyone that needs them.
The pics can be found HERE

#11 mstreraser

mstreraser

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE(Yo_Joe @ Sep 23 2005, 10:56 AM)

QUOTE(82_Z28 @ Sep 23 2005, 12:03 PM)
I think I may have the same situation but I'm not 100% sure yet.  still testing, but at least now I'm getting the red LED on the chip (or at least until it frags)

I also have a 1.4-1.5 box, but I am unable to get the xbox to startup correctly after loading the bios

I do not get the xchip logo when I start up the xbox. The xbox begins to frag and i get a service error code 16 with my new 200g hard drive. I put my "loaded" hard drive from my other modded box and this one gives me an error code 5.

Any suggestions, is this just a bad chip?

#12 mstreraser

mstreraser

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE(Yo_Joe @ Sep 23 2005, 10:56 AM)

QUOTE(82_Z28 @ Sep 23 2005, 12:03 PM)
I think I may have the same situation but I'm not 100% sure yet.  still testing, but at least now I'm getting the red LED on the chip (or at least until it frags)

I also have a 1.4-1.5 box, but I am unable to get the xbox to startup correctly after loading the bios

I do not get the xchip logo when I start up the xbox. The xbox begins to frag and i get a service error code 16 with my new 200g hard drive. I put my "loaded" hard drive from my other modded box and this one gives me an error code 5.

#13 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:17 AM

well I had my x-chip for about a year. When I started I didn't know too much about static electricity. Kind of stupid at the time. Anyway, I had replaced the adpater with the 1.6 solderless one, I got a little progress but still nothing. Then I replaced the X-Chip and it worked fine.
I might have killed it with static electricity or old age. I haven't heard how long the X-Chip is supposed to last but I'm pretty sure it was my fault.
If all else fails you may have to replace the chip like i did.
Good Luck

#14 Daniela

Daniela

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:02 PM

does anyone know how to install this solderless adapter on a 1.1 version? the plastic guide is no help! i'm so lost! i purchased the x-chip along with the solderless adapter 1.6 and is says it's compatiable with all x-box versions! yet i can't seem to find any manuals to help with the installation with 1.1!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users