4 replies to this topic

#1 MelonStrings

MelonStrings

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:30 PM

Hi,

I've just put the new 12/09/05 T3CH release of XBMC on my xbox, all was working fine before. Now, when I go to the "My Videos" section I get nothing listed. If I press the white button on my control pad I get the Playlist options but everything is greyed out. If I go to the my files option then I can navigate to and see all my video files. Why has the "My Videos" section broken? If I go to the "My Photos" section then all the drives appear as they used to and I can navigate to my files.

Sorry if this is a n00b question but I have read the stickies at the top, gone over the XBMC userguide and checked my XboxMediaCenter.xml file to make sure the bookmarks are all set up OK, but seeing as this is a T3CH build and I haven't changed anything then I assume it should all be OK. I tried to search the forum but the search functionality appears to be turned off at the moment. I've also searched on google and in some newsgroups but can't seem to find anyone with the same problem.

If anyone can help then that would be great... I've wasted about 2 hours on this now and I'm still no closer.

Cheers,
Melon.

#2 Psykomantis00

Psykomantis00

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:08 PM

It could be cause from the settings in the xml file not being set right for a larger hard drive. You have to change it so it can see the G drive. Assuming thats where your movies are anyway. I had a similar problem and couldnt get my music to load becuase it was on G then I realised I needed to change the settings file.

#3 MelonStrings

MelonStrings

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:39 PM

I've checked the xml file again and it seemed to be set up OK. It was set to Autodetect F and G drives (I tried changing that to no and manually setting both F and G to yes, but that didn't change anything). I have videos on F and games on G. It must be detecting the drives OK as you can browse both in "My Files" and they appear under "My Pictures" its only under My Videos that nothing shows up...

Cheers,
Melon.

#4 JustinT9669

JustinT9669

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:11 AM

delete the myvideo dll in the "...xbmc/albums" dir.

#5 MelonStrings

MelonStrings

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE(JustinT9669 @ Sep 21 2005, 02:22 AM)
delete the myvideo dll in the "...xbmc/albums" dir.

View Post

Nice one!! Thanks JustinT... works perfectly now... It was a .db file not a .dll but I guessed thats what you meant... Thanks again...

Cheers,
Melon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users