#1 noomski

noomski

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:17 AM

Hi, I know this has probably been asked before but search is down at the moment.

Ive formatted a hard drive with a utilities disk and it's given me a G: drive. I know this is not supported by uix so is there a way to get rid of it and get a larger F: drive back?

many thanks.

#2 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 September 2005 - 06:49 AM

yeah you're gonna want a bios that supports a large F partition.
I recomend 4981.06 xecuter2 bios.

#3 noomski

noomski

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 11:48 AM

thanks for the reply Odb718 i've reflashed the bios with one that supports a large f drive but it doesn't seem to remove the G: partition . I've tried reformatting with this bios a few times now but G: just doesn't go away.

#4 solder_blob

solder_blob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(noomski @ Sep 21 2005, 06:59 AM)
thanks for the reply Odb718 i've reflashed the bios with one that supports a large f drive but it doesn't seem to remove the G: partition . I've tried reformatting with this bios a few times now but G: just doesn't go away.

View Post

MMM Try messing with the Default.xap or config settings and see if you can get it to change from F: to G: so it works with G: I think it should work with that anyways... So it may be a BIOS issue... So try and make sure your BIOS does really support the Bigger HDDs.. What kind of BIOS are you using?? Did you configure it with a Tool to add LBA Support??

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

#5 noomski

noomski

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:26 PM

Doh! just realised that the g: drive is still shown although all the space is given to f. And there i was reformatting and expecting g: to dissapear altogether. It was only when i loaded up evox that i realised that g: was showing 0 gb and f: had 244gb. (what a noobish mistake to make) many thanks for your time though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users