28 replies to this topic

#1 blewbuss

blewbuss

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:03 PM

I preordered the 399 bundle about 4 months ago. I thought everything was good until last night a guy called me from gamestop. He said witch package do I want. Im like ummm i ordered teh 399 package. Hes all well we are not sure what the 399 package is going to come in. Only the 299 package will be here on the November 24th. I asked him when they were expecting to get the 399 package and he said it could take up to a month!!!! Holly shit what was this guy talking about. I told him I wanted to keep the 399 package and they better have it. Im thinking they sold out of the 399 package and are trying to get people to buy the 299 one instead. Anyone else get a call like this?

#2 deadpool66

deadpool66

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Games Girls Weed
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:12 PM

First off the price wasnt anounced four months ago. All preorders placed before price anouncement were switched to premium bundle.

#3 ldclan

ldclan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:12 PM

When the 2 packages were announced I went and paid in full for the $399.99 package at Gamestop here in Knoxville, TN. I haven't received a call yet but now I am wondering if I will get what I paid for.

Where is the gamestop you went to located at?

#4 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:46 PM

all the EB's and Gamestops here are fubared, and all have pieces of paper taped to the game shelves saying "we cannot guarantee you get a 360 you preordered in the first shipment" or something like that.

kage and I looked at one another and laughed, and just another reason why walking into target or walmart is so much better.

and whats with the 24th date he gave you? thats wrong too. thats Thanksgiving day blink.gif

#5 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:59 PM

glad im not preordering biggrin.gif

#6 blewbuss

blewbuss

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:18 PM

The Gamestop I went to was the one in Fullerton, CA. It might not have been 4 months ago that I pre ordered it, becuse when I ordered it you could choose between the 2 packages.

#7 mert8431

mert8431

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Games, music,women, ect.

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:56 PM

all the EB's and Gamestops here are fubared, and all have pieces of paper taped to the game shelves saying "we cannot guarantee you get a 360 you preordered in the first shipment" or something like that.

kage and I looked at one another and laughed, and just another reason why walking into target or walmart is so much better.

Exactly, same thing with most of the gaming stores around here, the only reason I pre-ordered my 360 at a ebgames is because my cousin is the manager there, other wise i'd just wait and get it at wal-mart or something.

#8 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(mert8431 @ Sep 22 2005, 02:07 PM)
Exactly, same thing with most of the gaming stores around here, the only reason I pre-ordered my 360 at a ebgames is because my cousin is the manager there, other wise i'd just wait and get it at wal-mart or something.

View Post

yeah knowing someone at one of the stores helps greatly .

The funny part is EB calls me once a week asking if I want to preorder and they have spots open, and I keep telling them to STFU. why would I preorder when they already have 60 some preorders, and they can only guarantee like 32 of them?!

24 hour walmart, here I come! beerchug.gif

#9 deadpool66

deadpool66

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Games Girls Weed
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:51 PM

they dont know actually how many there getting this I know. They dont even know what games are coming out but I preordered right away and if I dont get my 360 at midnight on the 21st Ill burn down gamestop and beat the nerdy employees asses.

#10 Tfizzle

Tfizzle

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:09 PM

im just gonna wing it....

i did not preorder and nor do i plan too. i will drive to all the main stores and look for the $399 bundle. if they dont got it then i guess im not getting it then....

i live in lincoln, NE so its not like there is huge rush for everyone to get one. im sure there will be plenty around here.

#11 ccmotorz

ccmotorz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:15 PM

Funny enough...EB Games called me up yesterday and said that one of my 360s wasn't comming because i pre-ordered 2 of them(1 from another eb games in same city), so i told them to change the name cause it was my brothers and they did that. i then asked if we were getting the premium...shes said yes, and it was going to be there on the 22nd. biggrin.gif

#12 Moleman

Moleman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:50 PM

I'm probably just going to walk in and buy it a Circuit City or Sam's Club. Places that most people wouldn't go for a 360.

Just noticed you're from Knoxville. What section of town?

Edited by Moleman, 22 September 2005 - 09:51 PM.

#13 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:54 PM

Pre ordering is retarded imo. smile.gif

#14 Puckster069

Puckster069

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:56 PM

Yea its funny all this frenzy over the 360, I remember it was the same with XBox. Everyone pre-ordering, all the usual places out, I go to Wal-mart, walk in buy one, walk out, no lines, no out of stock, no sweat. I know I will be able to do the same this time too.

muhaha.gif

#15 Sc4rfac3

Sc4rfac3

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 September 2005 - 10:00 PM

i hope gamecrazy dosent pull that shit on me

0 user(s) are reading this topic