Photo

Have The Over Priced Xbox 360 Bundles ...

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Poll: Have the over priced Xbox 360 bundles soured your enthusiasm?

Have the over priced Xbox 360 bundles soured your enthusiasm?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 XanTium

XanTium

Xanta Powa!

• Admin
  • 3,110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 September 2005 - 05:11 AM

feel free to vote/discuss!

#2 jherre6

jherre6

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 September 2005 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE(XanTium @ Sep 23 2005, 06:22 AM)
feel free to vote/discuss!

View Post

Shit Is way too overpriced.. I liked the 300 pricepoint. I am even willing to go 350 like in japan..

Cause when you're big in Japan.. ooo.. Big in Japan.. Oh, the eastern sea so blue..
Shall I stay here Or go to the zoo?

400 is too much...

#3 ensaynexotics

ensaynexotics

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 05:48 AM

400 is fine, I just don't like the 2000 super bundle crap. if ur patient enough the price will come down to 350 or so in about a year, mayb even 300 flat who knows.....

Edited by ensaynexotics, 23 September 2005 - 05:51 AM.

#4 xboxSlayer

xboxSlayer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 06:52 AM

I've been in the game a long time, $500 is still a lot, same as when a few others came out. I still got them because I'm a cronic, I have to have my games.

#5 DivyX

DivyX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:22 AM

Little over 400 eur isn't bad at all imo. I think it's basicly very cheap, and money doesn't grow on trees in my garden since i'm unemployed. I was thinking about getting new computer or xbox360. I choose xbox360 because i have to face the fact that the thing i'm really paying in new computer is the fact that i can and want to be able play latest and upcoming games. Given x360's hardware i'm very pleased for the price tag it has.
I checked one Finnish gaming site that listed some games to cost 69,- Eur and couple was also 79,- eur. I'd say that is VERY expensive. Games should be much cheaper and I trust that the prices i saw ain't gonna be final. Only morrowind is worth 69,- if it has well over 100 gaming houers.

#6 wadata04

wadata04

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 September 2005 - 09:22 AM

I think that the prices are over-priced and I will be waiting longer for the price to come down.

#7 jamsplodge

jamsplodge

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:02 AM

I think it's crap that Japan gets what is essentially the premium package for $350 when US has to pay $399. I mean what's that all about? They should just do away with the core package and reduce ther price on the premium.

Shamone

#8 eDeus

eDeus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:24 AM

Paying extra money for things that you would buy anyway isnt hard to fathom.

I mean, a premium or core console is great but a demo disk or dashboard doesnt do it for me. Nor does playing one game over and over again.

Getting extra controller and a few games is great - if it saves a few dollars by buying them at once.

Buying 20 games and every possible addition becomes such an overkill especially when you consider 50% of the listed games wont make launch anyway.

I just wish MS had a PGR3 or Oblivion official bundle though. Nothing overkill, just a cool box that I would be proud to carry with me to the checkout. Down the street. Around to mates places. Well everywhere really smile.gif

#9 JUANVAN

JUANVAN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:41 PM

I would have to agree - that by making the prem. package the Only one in Japan and Cheaper is B.S. - But they know we are going to be getting them like crazy till the xmass season, and we are more then willing to pay the price, while in J.P. they are trying to win the market still and get more in the houses.

Also Just offering the one with the HD would have been Great..
350 for the Core system + a HD
400 Prem..
Or just get rid of the Core all together, would have made the game developers much happier too...
But I am sure there will be some games that have something on the back that they require the HD...

thatís my .02c

btw M$ Is only doing all this b/c the Evil Empire CAN!!

#10 rainfever

rainfever

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:30 PM

I voted No, simply because i do not plan to pre-order, and i just want to walk into wal-mart or where ever and pick up my single xbox 360 Platinum...all on its lonesome

#11 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,747 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:29 PM

i think all those huge super bundles gamestop is selling is really funny, its not even any kind of bundled value, the price of th ebundle is just retail for each peice added up, you cna buy it all over the course of 3 months and pay the same, probably less as sure some of those games will flop and the price will drop quickly

...although i still find myself eyeballing the 700 dollar pack just becuase its what i would probably buy within the first few weeks anyway

#12 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.

Posted 23 September 2005 - 05:48 PM

The $400 tag is fine. The bundles are a joke.

#13 Rubix42

Rubix42

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 September 2005 - 05:55 PM

I'm having a real hard time buying into the hype on this next-gen release. Granted the graphics are going to be much better, but the price of games going up, and paying $100 for a 40gb HD is just silly. The system is priced well, but the accessories are way too much.

Especially the $100 for the wireless adapter! My PSP has wireless and the entirew system was only $250

Edited by Rubix42, 23 September 2005 - 05:56 PM.

#14 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 September 2005 - 06:24 PM

only condition ill get xbox 360 is if i get 200 bucks for my extra softmodded xbox... then its justified... but in all honesty... i dont think its going to be that great... i mean... there are only half a dozen or so good games for xbox 1, single player that is... and another half dozen good live games... which is fine for $150 system... but xbox 360 has yet to super impress me, at least enough to warrant a 400 dollar purchase... with tax and a game... $500... lot of cash.

#15 Owtlaw333

Owtlaw333

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 06:27 PM

I think I'll just go to Costco and get whatever bundle THEY end up with... they usually charge like 75 bucks more and throw in an extra game and controller. I'd be content with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users