Photo

Have The Over Priced Xbox 360 Bundles ...

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Poll: Have the over priced Xbox 360 bundles soured your enthusiasm?

Have the over priced Xbox 360 bundles soured your enthusiasm?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 September 2005 - 06:14 PM

400$ is fine for me, but the 2000$ bundles.... that is just simply retarded.

#32 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 24 September 2005 - 06:55 PM

I have no problem paying for the premium bundle. I do find the $1000+ " super-dooper-shit-in-your-pants" bundles that retailers make to be a little extreme though.

#33 djbullfrog

djbullfrog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 07:26 PM

I'm gonna take mine from the weakest kid on the playground. So, I hope they get the million dollar bundle. I hate having to upgrade shit I took. I'm kidding, I only weigh 90 pounds (soaking wet, wearing your mother's combat boots). I'm just gonna wait it out a little. Unless my compulsive buying habits throw me in the mix at the quadrillion dollar price point.

#34 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:31 PM

Nothing at all can sour my enthusiasm, in the slightest bit.

#35 T0XiK

T0XiK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:34 PM

i was going to get a 360 day one but now that i seen the japanese price i am going to wait till someone cracks it, that is unless GTA 4 comes out for 360 too

#36 Er0cK_11

Er0cK_11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 25 September 2005 - 06:30 PM

Ill prolly wait a couple months b4 buying one.

#37 whosyodaddy1019

whosyodaddy1019

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 25 September 2005 - 07:21 PM

I think most people are having a hard time understanding this poll. Its not about the price of the xbox360, its the fact that you HAVE to by like 2 games and 2 acc with it. I was pissed when I went into EB games to verify my order this friday. I had the premium package with another wireless controller and ghost recon 3 with it and they said that I need to fork out more dough for another game and accesory. Now the bill is up to 620 bucks. When I put my 360 on reseave when they first started to do it they never once mentioned that I would have to buy a bundle to get it. Even 2 weeks ago when I put the controller and GR3 they never mentioned that to me. What I though was funny was the excuss they gave me for having to buy more. They said it was to prevent me from selling it on ebay. How the h3ll is buying more sh!t for it suppost to stop someone from selling it on ebay. It just means they sell it for more. Besides why do they care if the person sells it on ebay or not. They got there money non the less. Im not selling mine but i dont like being forced to buy more stuff then I wanted to.

#38 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:11 AM

Ill wait till it's 99 and I have a hdtv

#39 0794

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:medicine, engineering, Jeeps, technology, automobiles, and just about everything...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 September 2005 - 03:26 AM

Yes, the bundles have been embarrassing - but expected. It does increase the hype and gain more attention, which is necessary for MS to have a chance against Sony.

However, I don't plan on buying an Xbox 360 until it can be modified or unlocked to do more than just play next-gen games and DVD movies. I am absolutely satisfied with my several xbox's used as home theater pcs throughout my home. And of course, my stock xbox for Halo 2 gaming. Now the release of Halo 3 may entice me to get a 360...

#40 leijae

leijae

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Interests:i like.... girls.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:54 AM

dude, i'm buying like six of those bundles....

#41 Videogamebuyer14

Videogamebuyer14

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  • Interests:cars, girls, building computers, making techno, etc. All the good stuff.
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:07 PM

The core bundle is essentially a very smart move on MS's part. Anyone in the know-how has already reserved the Premium bundle. The core bundle is going to be the one for the holiday that's left for preordering at the video game stores, and the parents are going to figure the kids will bitch if they don't get it, so they dish out an extra 300 or so on extra stuff to suit the half-assed package.

#42 Dan Wysocki

Dan Wysocki

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:Modding my xbox<br />Sleeping<br />Eating<br />Revo!

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:31 PM

I find these crazy bundles great. Sometimes find myself dreaming of owning a crazy package, but to be honest, I dont have the funds, nor the stupidness to go and buy one. Who wants 20+ games that you will never play? It makes no sense. I'm gonna do my best to raise the funds for a Premium Package by Dec 2nd, along with a couple of games, but you wont find me crying if I dont get one. I'm looking forward to the impressive graphics and improved AI that should come with this generation and if you ask me you get a hell of a deal for what you buy. The 360 itself, 3 x 3.2Ghz processors? I mean damn, you wont find that in any computer for the same price will you?

I think M$ has done well this time, the price is good, the hype is good and I'm looking forward to picking up one of those sexy silver machines as soon as I can.

beerchug.gif

#43 Burgleflickle

Burgleflickle

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:54 PM

I realize that m$ is losing money on selling these consoles, but $400+(premium bundle w/o extra controllers) is rediculous. I'll be waiting until prices come down to at least $300, or homebrews/cracks break it. MS already runs the world with wxp/2k/whatever else--I don't need to line old Bill's pockets with extra $$. After all, he makes a killing on games, and his company was founded on stealing Steve Jobs' ideas.

Don't get me wrong, I love XB, and the theory of what xb360 will be, but spending damn near $1000(gamestop bundles) on a game system and games is stupid--after all, I have a modded xb!!! Remember the hype, and slight let down of halo 2??? We don't even know for sure whether or not the machine will be bottlenecked by not having hd-dvd.

Just my $0.02. Take it easy!

Edited by Burgleflickle, 26 September 2005 - 10:02 PM.

#44 Exobex

Exobex

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 September 2005 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(pookiepoo @ Sep 23 2005, 08:18 PM)
no way im i buyin 1 yet im in da uk shits always ova priced im waitin till it drops in price plus i like the idea of saving games 2 my hd on da 1st xbox. it  saves a lot of space i can just put my games in a cupboard and ders no way ms is gonna make this option available on da 360.

my xbox can play all region dvds without the remote and shit

y buy a 360 for 300 dat ude havta buy a bleedin remote to watch dvds f*@k Dat

View Post

QUOTE(Keva @ Sep 24 2005, 05:37 PM)
talk in english this isnt a text service

View Post

LOL!

Here's the same, translated from "Tim Westwood" to "English":-

QUOTE(BabelFish @ Sep 23 2005, 08:18 PM)
No way am I buying one yet, I'm in the UK. Things are always over priced, I'm waiting until it drops in price plus I like the idea of saving games to my HD on the first Xbox.  It saves a lot of space, I can just put my games in a cupboard and there's no way MS is going to make this option available on the 360.

My Xbox can also play all region dvds without the remote and the dongle.

Why buy a 360 for 300 that you'd have to buy a remote for to watch DVDs? Fuck that!

View Post

Edited by Exobex, 26 September 2005 - 10:53 PM.

#45 edwinmcdunlap

edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:19 AM

I think the huge bundles are just crazy... 400 is almost too much for me, but I'm going to get it anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users