• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shadyvilln

shadyvilln

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 04:13 AM

i modded my xbox with a homebrew mod .. all the solder points were rite everything checked out .. i go to turn it on .. my worst nightmare!! red/green flashing!!!!!!

I disable the mod and my xbox boots up fine readin retail games ..
<phew!!> I take my xbox home .. plug it in .. ready to play games disappointed at my failed mod .. but overall happy that i didnt fry my box .. so i thought .. i turn it on .. green beep green beep red/green .. finally i completely remove the chip and still same prob .. WHAT HAPPENED!!!!! ahhhhh .. is there any way to salvage my box .. or will i hav to try and return it .. (both of my stickers came off not noticable at all wit a blowdryer)

can anyone help me??

#2 Tribal Prophet

Tribal Prophet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 05:49 AM

I would check over your points carefully. Use a manifying glass if you have to, but make sure that no solder is between any two points. After that, check all the pads to make sure that they are all still there and nothing got yanked off at any time (it doesn't take much with them). If it was flashing as soon as the chip was put in, then it's probably the same "some soldering missed where it was supposed to go" problem that a lot of people (myself included) have had.

Tribal Prophet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users