• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 bestmum

bestmum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:12 PM

grr.gif This is my son's Xbox. It is version 1.4. We just purchased brand new Xenium ice chip. I am not an idiot when it comes to electronics and such, I have formal training and am familiar with aspects of. Tried the solderless connector first. That didn't go well. Xbox fragged. I tried soldering the chip in instead, now the led on the chip goes red and the xbox boots up in original ms screens. I have flipped switch on chip and retried, but it is the same. I have not used the do wire on the solderless adaptor, I have a wire soldered from the do point on the ice chip to the do point on the back of the mother board. The xbox acts as if the mod chip is not there. I have spent days scrolling through forums trying to figure this out, and have just become more frustrated. You would think with all of these boxes that have been modded, that there would be one spot with reliable troubleshooting tips. I have looked for lifted spots and broken tracks on the motherboard (with magnifying glass) and can't see any. I have tried to check continuity with multimeter from points on board to the next point, but I can't find half of them with the size of the tracks on the board. My son and I are getting frustrated and impatient with this.
Can anyone help me please, so that I can get this xbox and all it's parts off my dining room table???? rotfl.gif

#2 pookiepoo

pookiepoo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:23 PM

so your sayin you have done the pin header installation?

answer that ? rolleyes.gif then check this unsure.gif

the x on the chip is facing the rear

#3 bestmum

bestmum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:28 PM

Yes, have done the pin head installation, chip led was red, box booted in ms screens. Removed pin installation and went back to solderless installation and the same thing is happening. Yes, the x on the chip is to the back of the machine. I have checked that one a zillion times and compared to pics in online instructions.
Thanks, any more ideas?

#4 pookiepoo

pookiepoo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:33 PM

1 have you got the sp adaptor or just the solderless

2 if the solderless did you connect that wire thing to one of the pins

3 have you checked to see if your chip is a clone

and what colour is it

#5 bestmum

bestmum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:41 PM

1 have you got the sp adaptor or just the solderless

2 if the solderless did you connect that wire thing to one of the pins

3 have you checked to see if your chip is a clone

and what colour is it

I have the solderless adaptor and if the sp adaptor is the one with the pins, I have it also.
How do I check to see if the chip is a clone?
The chip is white with black writing on it. Looks like the ones in pics that I have seen.

#6 bestmum

bestmum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:47 PM

OH, and my solderless adaptor came with the wire attached to one of the pins already.

#7 pookiepoo

pookiepoo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:47 PM

go to teamxodus.com to see if its a fake

before that try booting up with the eject button and tell me what happens

#8 bestmum

bestmum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:49 PM

Ok, I will check. Thanks. I will not be able to check the eject button thing until a bit later tonight. I will try and then post back here.
I will also check the fake thing.

#9 bestmum

bestmum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:59 PM

I can't seem to get onto the xodus web site. I'll keep trying. If I remember correctly, I tried the eject button thing the other night after I saw something about it in a forum. If I did, it didn't make a difference. I have found a post about voltage checks and continuity, so I will try that later also. I'll post in a bit once I have tried these things.

#10 bestmum

bestmum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:04 PM

I have an original chip and not a fake.

#11 pookiepoo

pookiepoo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:14 PM

come back wen ure wit da xbx

it would be ezer 2 hlp u den

Edited by pookiepoo, 24 September 2005 - 11:19 PM.

#12 bestmum

bestmum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:17 PM

Unfortunately, no, I am not. I am at work and the box is at home. I will not get to it until after dinner tonight. About 3.5 - 4 hours from now. I'll try some things then and post after. I do have msn messenger and maybe there is someone that can help me later or tomorrow on messenger. PM for addy.

#13 Folonex

Folonex

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:27 PM

Ok I have the same chip on a 1.3 XBOX, now it was all working fine before and I have installed it in 2 xbox's before, but my friend dropped his xbox and the d0 came lose, now this is fixed, but the dvd-rom makes a funny nose...

If you press the power button it reboots 3 times before coming on with a purple LED on the chip. If you press the eject button it comes on and the chip light goes green, which is what it should be at how it was before, indicating the d0 and everything is fine.

However after about 3 seconds of booting and the LED stays green but the eject button flashes red/orange. I'm not sure what is wrong now and I have connected the HDD and DVD-ROM back after testing the d0.

Any help would be appreciated.

#14 bestmum

bestmum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:53 AM

I have now soldered the pins onto the motherboard. I have put the mod chip onto the pins. everything is nice and tight and making great contact. Ran a wire for the do connection from the do point on the ice chip to the bottom do point on the motherboard. I have continuity from the do point on the ice chip to the do point on the top of the motherboard. I have checked all voltages on the pins according to what I have found and all are fine. I have tried the ice chip with the switch in each of the two directions and I still can only get the chip's led to light red. I try to wiggle the chip on the pins, but it is solid and there is no movement. Anyone have any other ideas.
Getting a little frustrated here. muhaha.gif

#15 bestmum

bestmum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:24 PM

So I have been in touch with the support department where I bought the mod chip. He said it was bad soldering and suggested quick soldering it. I did that. I have checked continuity from the top of the ice to the bottom of the mother board and it is fine. LED on ice still lights red and xbox boots into normal ms screen.
Anyone have any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users