• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 September 2005 - 10:47 AM

In case you haven't seen them;

Single dual-threaded IBM "custom" PowerPC 2.5 GHz CPU, with 256 KB L1 cache and 1 MB of L2 cache (L3 cache is rumored). The system will also sport a Physical Processing Chip (PPU) with 32MB of dedicated RAM, while the CPU itself will saddled up next to 512MB of system RAM. The custom ATI GPU solution is rumored to consist of a RN520 600MHz core, backed with 256MB of RAM and "32 parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines." While the output will theoretically be capable of putting out 1080p resolution (higher even, at 2048x1268)

From that, 512MB of system memory and an independant 256MB Ram for the graphics card, a PPU and a L3 cache?

I thought ninty didn't want a more powerful console?

Those specs seem to beat both the PS3 and X360.....

#2 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 25 September 2005 - 10:42 PM

Nintendo has downplayed having a powerfull system, but that doesn't mean they won't have one. They also may have been downplaying power, just to make MS and Sony think they would have a weak system(nintendo often does similiar things).

Also, I just wanted to note that these rumored specs are very similiar to those "leaked" about 9 months ago.

Edited by gamerguy999, 25 September 2005 - 10:46 PM.

#3 paper

paper

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:37 AM

I remember hearing that the system would only be around 4 times more powerful then the gamecube. This systems specs are right on par with 360.

#4 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(paper @ Sep 25 2005, 07:48 PM)
I remember hearing that the system would only be around 4 times more powerful then the gamecube. This systems specs are right on par with 360.

View Post

That was said in a inteview on a website(I think it was USA Today or something like that), but a couple of days later, the website took that part out, and said that it was a mis-translation.

So we really have no idea how powerfull the system will be, since Nintendo has never even hinted at the possible specs.

#5 Charbless

Charbless

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:37 AM

Specs dont mean anything look at xb its more powerful then ps2 and gc but still didnt beat ps2 it comes down to the games which looking at it xb360 and ps3 has the best line up by far.

#6 ronetone

ronetone

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:54 PM

until all these consoles are actually released it is impossible to tell rolleyes.gif

#7 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE(Charbless @ Sep 28 2005, 04:48 AM)
Specs dont mean anything look at xb its more powerful then ps2 and gc but still didnt beat ps2 it comes down to the games which looking at it xb360 and ps3 has the best line up by far.

View Post

True....

But I can tell you now, that it is worth getting the Revolution, just because of the games that Nintendo has already announced for it.

And with Developers and publishers that have already signed on(capcom, ea, ubisoft, activision, to name a few) there will be plenty of great games available for it from 3rd parties.

#8 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:24 AM

A total of 800 megs of RAM......hot damn! That's almost 300 more megs then MS and Sony.

I have a hard time believing that, considering Nintendo wants to make a cheaper system then the other two. Unless they release it 2yrs from now, then those specs will be in nintendos ball park price range.

#9 Charbless

Charbless

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 10:49 PM

I remember ready some place not many people have signed on with nintendo lot of them have skipped over to xb360 capcom is one of them they seem to favour xb360 and ps3 a lot more they even said it them selfs few months back

#10 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE(Charbless @ Sep 30 2005, 04:00 PM)
I remember ready some place not many people have signed on with nintendo lot of them have skipped over to xb360 capcom is one of them they seem to favour xb360 and ps3 a lot more they even said it them selfs few months back

View Post

Capcom many have said that a few months ago, but they have since said that they will fully support the Revolution. Not only that, but just about every major 3rd party has also said that they will be supporting the Revolution.

#11 Charbless

Charbless

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:35 PM

Ok I think you have been telling yourself that to many times now you believe it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users