• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ZPaul2Fresh8

ZPaul2Fresh8

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:CamaroZ28.com, my Camaro SS(Gone now ZX6-R :-), programming, Xbox, my Son and Daughter.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:52 PM

This was covered by myself back in March, but there is more to it so I decided to make just one post to make things easier on some people. This will show you how to add more cars to your garage by using the resources already there.

It can be broken down into 3 sections. In this example, I will be using the Corvette Z06.

1. Car List (Cars.ini)
2. Car Dynamics (CorvetteZ06.ini)
3. Car Model Data (CorvetteZ06.pak_cth & CorvetteZ06.pak_hrd)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Step 1. Car List: This is the list of cars that are recognized by the game when it loads. So go and open up the file Cars.ini and search for a Car's profile you'd like to duplicate to use as your new car. The car list will be a bit intimidating, but the fastest way to find your car is to use the FIND command in the text editor you use. When you find your car, the text will look similar to below:

Note, I've added comments to the file by adding "//" to explain some of the meanings in the Cars.ini file.

CODE

[CAR]
Name = "Corvette C5R"
//Actual model name that appears at the car selection screen

Manufacturer = "Chevrolet"
//Actual make name that appears at the car selection screen

FileName = "CorvetteC5R"
//This is the MOST IMPORTANT piece. This is the name that will be used to find
//all the information on your car. For example, for the dynamics it will look for
//CorvetteC5R.ini and for the mesh and model it will look for CorvetteZ06.pak_cth
// & CorvetteZ06.pak_hrd. Still with me?

Badge = Corvette Z06
//Graphic Displayed for the car's logo

BadgeX = 255
//Graphic Location X-Axis

BadgeY = 49
//Graphic Location Y-Axis

Class = "$IDS_CLASS_10"
//Car Class, in this case $IDS_CLASS_10 = Super Car.
//Other Classes off the top of my head..
//$IDS_CLASS_14 = Ultimate
//$IDS_CLASS_13 = Extreme
//$IDS_CLASS_12 = Track Specials
//$IDS_CLASS_11 = Grand Touring
//$IDS_CLASS_9 = American Muscle
//$IDS_CLASS_8 = Sports Coupe
//$IDS_CLASS_7 = Classics
//$IDS_CLASS_6 = Roadster
//$IDS_CLASS_5 = Pacific Muscle
//$IDS_CLASS_4 = Sports Utility
//$IDS_CLASS_3 = Coupe
//$IDS_CLASS_2 = Sports Convertible
//$IDS_CLASS_1 = Compact Sports

ShowroomFree = "0"
//Makes the car Free if Set to "1"

Country = United States
////Self-Explanatory

Tokens = 12
//Car Cost

CPF = 3.7

Circuit = Chicago 9
//This donates what track this car will run on Time Challenge.

LeaderboardID = 424
Windscreen = Normal

AudioData = Z06
//Self-Explanatory. Engine Sound

DriveType = RWD
//Self-Explanatory

PeakTorque = 750.00
//Self-Explanatory

Mass = 1150
//Self-Explanatory

MaxRevs = 7000
//Self-Explanatory

RevLimit = 6500
//Self-Explanatory

Turbo = 0
//Self-Explanatory

TopGear = 6
GearRev = 2.98
Gear1 = 2.98
Gear2 = 1.99
Gear3 = 1.50
Gear4 = 1.20
Gear5 = 0.83
Gear6 = 0.56
FinalRatio = 3.11
ActualTopSpeed = 200
//Self-Explanatory

TopSpeed = 8
0-60 = 9
BHP = 8
Handling = 9
RHD = 1
HardTop = 1
//Self-Explanatory. This is the rating that is shown on the car selection screen.
//It is merely for representation and changes NO car attributes.

Colour = ZPaul2Fresh8
//This is the color options available for your car. The Z06 normally had 4 I think, but I deleted the other 3 jsut to have 1 option only. You can more if you want. You could even define your OWN custom colors this is what I've down. More on that below.

Step 2. Car Dynamics, the easiest way to start off it to choose car dynamics from a top hand car like an enzo or Porsche. For further explaination and help on editing a cars dynamics to your liking, CLICK HERE.

After you have selected and edited some car dynamics to your liking, save it as your car's filename as mentioned above in the Cars List explanation. AGAIN, It's IMPORTANT that the file's name match to the one specified in the Cars.ini file. Example again, I specified my new cars filename as CorvetteC5R so I will name my dynamics file as CorvetteC5R.ini.

Step 3. Car model data, this is the easiest part, just choose what you want your car to look like. It can be anything you want. It could have the body of a mini cooper, but have the dynamics of a twin turbo Porsche smile.gif Just copy the mesh and model data and rename then to match your car's filename as what your specified earlier in the Cars.ini file.

Custom Colors - This is optional and cool and I told you I would tell you how to do it so read on...

To declare your custom color, open up the CarColours.ini file and just add this...
CODE

[CAR COLOUR]
Name = "ZPaul2Fresh8"
SpecularBrightness = 0.7
ReflectionBrightness = 0.5
SpecularPower = -0.25
Metallic = .8
GlassTint = .9
GlassReflection = 0.5
MetallicColourR = 0.8
MetallicColourG = 0.8
MetallicColourB = 0.8
BodyColourR = 0.15
BodyColourG = 0.15
BodyColourB = 0.15
BodyColour2R = .88
BodyColour2G = .88
BodyColour2B = .88
AlloyReflectionBrightness = 0.40
ChromeReflectionBrightness = 0.85
HeadlightColourR = .75
HeadlightColourG = .75
HeadlightColourB = 1
ColouredWheels = 1

Make sure your color name coincides with the name you stated in the Cars.ini file for your car.

Now when I startup PGR2 I have a new car in my garaged called Corvette C5R. It will look just like the Z06, but i will be alot faster smile.gif Like I said you can mix and match and make whatever you like. Maybe a Sport Utility vehicle that is actually a Saleen underneath.

That's it, you're all done. Now go play! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Edited by ZPaul2Fresh8, 26 September 2005 - 05:06 PM.

#2 Hier0phant

Hier0phant

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:52 PM

sorry to step on this, but i was having a play last night as i had nothing better to do, and following the above method will produce a dirty disc error every time you try to use your new car sad.gif

after a bit of head-scratching and general bewilderment, i noticed it didn't draw up the preview car in the selection screen either, it just shows the car badge, so i delved further.

seems you have to also make a new file in Cache/Cars/ with the same name as your new dynamics file

so for your example, you would need to find;
CorvetteZo6.pak_cth & CorvetteZo6.pak_hrd

duplicate and rename them to;
CorvetteC5R.pak_cth & CorvetteC5R.pak_hrd

then it will work fine wink.gif

also maybe worth pointing out that CarColours.ini & Cars.ini are in the Frontend folder

i'm now going to see if i can manage to black out the windows, as all i've managed so far are the headlights biggrin.gif

#3 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Pet my Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:19 PM

Be aware that custom colours won't work in system link. This because the colour itself isn't sent to the opponents as the colours are listed in an array and the number of the row in the list is sent.

If the list is changed other than on the bottom, and the list on your and your opponent's Xboxes isn't identical all colours will be mismatched.

You can however add existing colours used on ie. an Audi to a BMW without interfering with the proper colours list layout.

#4 pacman24

pacman24

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:hacking, Gaming/modding, Music, Guns
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:14 AM

Nothing shows up in my cars.ini file.

#5 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Pet my Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:23 AM

Copy it over to the pc again. If it is indeed empty you game will halt at DDE.

#6 ZPaul2Fresh8

ZPaul2Fresh8

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:CamaroZ28.com, my Camaro SS(Gone now ZX6-R :-), programming, Xbox, my Son and Daughter.
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(Hier0phant @ Jan 2 2006, 06:59 PM) View Post

sorry to step on this, but i was having a play last night as i had nothing better to do, and following the above method will produce a dirty disc error every time you try to use your new car sad.gif

after a bit of head-scratching and general bewilderment, i noticed it didn't draw up the preview car in the selection screen either, it just shows the car badge, so i delved further.

seems you have to also make a new file in Cache/Cars/ with the same name as your new dynamics file

so for your example, you would need to find;
CorvetteZo6.pak_cth & CorvetteZo6.pak_hrd

duplicate and rename them to;
CorvetteC5R.pak_cth & CorvetteC5R.pak_hrd

then it will work fine wink.gif

also maybe worth pointing out that CarColours.ini & Cars.ini are in the Frontend folder

i'm now going to see if i can manage to black out the windows, as all i've managed so far are the headlights biggrin.gif

Thanks for noticing the error. I noticed it but I can't edit the post any longer. Maybe DOS4GW could correct it for us.

Whos excited for Forza 2? smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users