SilverStone641

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:37 PM

Hello, i installed an Aladin Advanced chip(white) I soldered Bt, L1 wires no problem, Even the pin header went in fine. Then i got to the D0 DOH! ohmy.gif It was all covered in black stuff, (flux) after getting that shit outta the way, i couldn't really see the d0, so i pulled out the trusty magnifying glass and damnit! wouldn't you know? the lead to the d0 had been seperated and pulled back! AUGH! there was enough of a trace sticking up that i thought, what the hell, and soldered the d0 lead to that. erh! wrong answer! i plugged it all up, box turned on, off, on, blinked red and green for a while. sad.gif

I'm running a 1.0 box. Is there a way to rebuild the d0 point so i have a working box?

thanks again!

BTW, i was following hackdabox's tutorial on his website.

thanks again

#2 Deadman1515

Deadman1515

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:42 PM

Sounds like something is coming in contact with a neighboring trace. Check your solder again, redo it, and make sure the lead is touching anything either. Ive read disconnecting a DO will basicly be a stock Xbox with no FRAG, but if solder/wire, you name it connects to a second trace it will FRAG.

#3 SilverStone641

SilverStone641

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:49 PM

that makes sense, but what about an alternate d0? I mean, i need it to make the chip work, correct?

EDIT: I checked my solders, other then the potentially fucked up d0 everything looks pretty clean. One thing i did notice, his LPC's were partially cleared, not all of them had a silver ring around them. I wonder if it's making contact. If an LPC is left empty, will the xbox still run? Because thats basically whats happening when the pin header isn't soldered right?

Edited by SilverStone641, 27 September 2005 - 12:02 AM.

#4 SilverStone641

SilverStone641

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:32 AM

i would have edited, but as we all know, we can't! anyways, i've been reading around, is it possible to bring LPC wires from other places and solder them to the pin header? Basically rebuilding the LPC(only not 1.6)

thanks again

mike

#5 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:44 AM

Did the box boot properly before you started installing the chip?

#6 Deadman1515

Deadman1515

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:03 AM

Try your DO solder point on the opposite side of the board.

#7 SilverStone641

SilverStone641

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:31 AM

thats just it, by following hackdabox tutorial, it seems that the other side is under a chip? Am i wrong? i thought i found an alternate when i installed my other duox2 chip

I'll search...

#8 SilverStone641

SilverStone641

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 03:09 PM

ok, another update, i checked all my solders, they're done correctly as far as i can tell. I fixed the d0, soldered it to the other side, as far as i can tell the LPC points are all soldered correctly, whether or not they're making contact i don't know. I thought maybe the aladin chip was screwed so i tried just pulling the chip and starting the xbox. same result. frags twice, then blinks red/green.

I'm really at the end of what i can do. Please help

#9 Statecowboy

Statecowboy

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 03:16 PM

You don't need an alternate D0. Just scrape back the solder mask (the waxy stuff that protects the copper trace) near the tips of the two sides at the seperation and expose the copper trace. Once you do that, take some very thin guage wire and bridge the burn through.

#10 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 September 2005 - 03:46 PM

If you pulled up the top D0. You will have to connect the trace that went to the top D0 point with the bottom D0 point or the box will not work chipped or unchipped
Bearing in mind you said
I'm really at the end of what i can do. Please help

I would get someone who can fix it to do just that. you are going to cause more damage

#11 SilverStone641

SilverStone641

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:04 PM

its the bottom D0 thats pulled, i think i can run a line from the top, which i've already soldered to, to the bottom trace. I'll try that and let you know. I appreciate all the ideas!

thanks again

mike

#12 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:06 PM

Bottom D0 will still allow chip to boot using the top D0 but not the Retail bios so you have other problems as well. Bottom do can be fixed by just joining the ends of the trace (at opposing ends)

#13 SilverStone641

SilverStone641

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:31 PM

yeah, unfortunately, the bottom d0 looks unrepairable. Right were the pad and the trace seperated, the pad is all black, i've been trying to clean it off, thinking maybe it's a shitload of flux, but i can't seem to find any metal under it all. I think that side is screwed. The trace is bared and i can see where it leads to, if i solder a lead from the top d0 to the opposite end of the bottom d0 will this help it work right?

#14 SilverStone641

SilverStone641

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 05:14 PM

UPDATE: I ran a wire from the opposite end of the bottom D0, through the lpc hole, to the d0 wire coming from the top. I swapped out the aladin chip with a duox2 cromwell i had lying around. I soldered it all up, slid it in, and got the same results sad.gif i did notice that there was no light on the duo. You know how that red light blinks incessantly? It didn't do a thing. I thougt it was a little strange

i dunno what else to try.

any help is welcome. guess it's time to start looking for a new board eh?

#15 Albino

Albino

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 05:32 PM

From the sounds of your earlier comments about the LPC it does sound like some of the via rings in them are damaged/missing, you could use a multimeter to test for continuity between the pin now in the hole and a via on the trace which leads from the pin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users