• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Fireboy

The Fireboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:13 AM

Alright, a bit of a problem..my Xbox was getting pretty dusty, inside and out so I opened it up and took a can of compressed air to clean everything out. Prior to this, my modded Xbox worked perfectly fine. Now after cleaning it, I put everything back in place and it's FRAGing like crazy. It'd fraged on occassion on the past but I normally just turned it on and off about two or three times and it loaded up EvoX no problem. Now however it's just not working for me. I checked the chip (Xecuter 2.3lite) and it seems to be in place just fine and I wasn't too rough on the IDE cable or anything I believe.

Any solutions?

#2 krackheadbill

krackheadbill

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:24 AM

1. Check all connections fully. Hd cable and dvd cable BOTH WAYS

2. What is the error code? Is it red/green flashing power off on 3 times...if so thats a bios/mod problem

3. is your av cable plugged in?

after you check all this leave it on for 10 secs then shut if off for 10 secs. Do this at least twice every time you finish checking for loose connections. I find its best to be sure its not working before you keep fucking with the shit... some advice from your local krack dealer

#3 The Fireboy

The Fireboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE(krackheadbill @ Sep 27 2005, 09:35 AM)
1. Check all connections fully. Hd cable and dvd cable BOTH WAYS

2. What is the error code? Is it red/green flashing power off on 3 times...if so thats a bios/mod problem

3. is your av cable plugged in?

after you check all this leave it on for 10 secs then shut if off for 10 secs. Do this at least twice every time you finish checking for loose connections. I find its best to be sure its not working before you keep fucking with the shit... some advice from your local krack dealer

View Post

I believe it's a bios problem. It's FRAGs. On and off twice and the third time it'll stay on and flash red and green constantly. When I power it with the chip off it comes up with error number 16. But I don't have the original MSdashboard on there so I think that's why. I deleted it and renamed my EvoX as the MSdash.

But I don't see how the bios could be bad now, I've had this Xbox and running EvoX on it, same mod, same HD and everything for over a year now.

Could it be the IDE cable, I notice on the back of it it looks like a small burn mark, but I'm not sure how long it's been there so I don't know if it'd a problem.

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:20 AM

Error 16 is because the clock time has gone and the clock.xip files are missing from the dash. Without these the clock screen can't come up on boot.
The solution is to boot with the chip and abios that skips the clock check, with an autoinstaller in the DVD drive. re-install the retail dash.

#5 The Fireboy

The Fireboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Sep 27 2005, 10:31 AM)
Error 16 is because the clock time has gone and the clock.xip files are missing from the dash. Without these the clock screen can't come up on boot.
The solution is to boot with the chip and abios that skips the clock check, with an autoinstaller in the DVD drive. re-install the retail dash.

View Post

And how would I find a bios that skips the clock check? And I'm assuming I'll have to make another boot disc in order to re-install the retail dash in order to FTP back into my box?

And how can I use a bootdisc when whenever I power up with the mod on, it simply frags.

Edited by The Fireboy, 27 September 2005 - 10:15 AM.

#6 The Fireboy

The Fireboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:14 PM

Eh'. Bump. Someone help me out, please? Can I edit a bios to make it skip a clock check or anything as that?

#7 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 September 2005 - 07:50 PM

ERROR #16

#8 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:33 PM

Evox M8 /M8.16 skips the clock check.
Of course you need a way to get this onto your chip which is the biggest hurdle

#9 The Fireboy

The Fireboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Sep 27 2005, 10:44 PM)
Evox M8 /M8.16 skips the clock check.
Of course you need a way to get this onto your chip which is the biggest hurdle

View Post

Yes, how can I do that? Bootdisc? Buy a programmer from system-mods? What's the cheapest (and simplest) way?

#10 The Fireboy

The Fireboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 02:19 PM

Bump, I'd really like some help since it's sort of depressing seeing my Xbox remain as a doorstop.

#11 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 02:27 PM

You need aprogrammer or another box to flash the chip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users