#1 In3xus

In3xus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:42 AM

Alright here's the thing. I had my lil bro's xbox sent to service because the mainboard was broken (Not MS service, but "Professional" service *wink wink*). He installed an Aladdin XT chip with the "Xecuter2 4983 bios" i think (Reading the short manual he gave me). So my question is. Where do i put the dashboard to run say XBMC? Previously i used that Softmod kit that needed to overwrite the xboxdash.xbe on C: but it doesnt seem to go there for some reason (Or im just dumb). I tried copying all the files from my XBMC folder (Subfolders as well) into the root of C: and rename the default.xbe into xboxdash.xbe but now the xbox just freezes after it has shown the Xbox / MS Logo screen. I can shove it into my comp and use XBOXHDM but i dont want to stress the ide slot too much as i have broken alot of harddrives in my time.

Quoting the "Dashboard Boot Sequence" part of the manual below.

1: Avalaunch.xbe
2: EvoXdash.xbe
3: MXdash.xbe
4: Nexgen.xbe
5: Xboxdash.xbe

It also seems to be implying that it doesnt boot from E,F by default if this helps.

E-F Boot, Use XBTool

Edited by In3xus, 27 September 2005 - 08:45 AM.

#2 crystalgeek

crystalgeek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Electronics and anything I can undo with a screwdriver
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:14 PM

you need to change the boot sequence to boot default.xbe from E:\ or C:\ and then change the xboxmediacentre.xhtml or whatever it is to point to where your xbmc files are located. and move default, and the config file to E:\dashboard or C:\ setting the boot sequence to first boot wherever your default.xbe file is stored.

Someone correct me if im worng

#3 In3xus

In3xus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:44 PM

Right. So what you are saying is that i need to change the bios to look for a dashboard at X place? not gonna happen. I do not, and let me repeat that DO NOT want to tamper with the chip. My lil bro would litterally kill me if i tried to (Besides i dont have the tools to do so). Is there a default boot location for the bios i have because im 999% sure that is what my service guy set it to. In other words. Can anyone tell me where it looks for the dashboard and what .xbe it looks for (So i can move and rename XBMC to run on boot).

PS: Is there anyway to lock the file manager and the control panel in XBMC. This is my lil bro's box and there are an awful lot of bad things you can do with those two tools wink.gif

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:24 PM

make sure the only xboxdash.xbe is the actual xboxdash.xbe (not some renamed hacked dash xbe)
Copy the XBMC files into the root of C: on the Xbox and simply rename the xbe to evoxdash.xbe.
When you boot it will boot the xbe with that name first.

#5 In3xus

In3xus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:26 PM

Thanks (Hears little brother scream for joy a mile away). I will try it shortly laugh.gif

#6 In3xus

In3xus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 07:59 PM

Yippe! It worked...eventually laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users