• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dpezet

dpezet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:38 AM

Hey everyone. Does anyone know of a reputable place that is still selling PS One consoles premoded? I would love to have one but I remember how hard it was for me to soldier in that little 8 wire chip back when the Playstation was king. If I have to I'll do it myself, but I would love to buy one already done.

Thanks

#2 ronetone

ronetone

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:59 PM

not sure if there are still places selling premod ps one since they are pretty old and discontinued, i know you can still get chips though and you can find ps one on ebay but you are better off getting a modded ps2 since it will also play playstation backups, ps2 backups, and run some homebrew apps wink.gif

#3 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:10 PM

I have to agree. But, if you want a smaller unit at a lower price, a pre-mod PSOne (the newer ones) are great.

I have two. Maybe I could sell you one. I don't use it anymore now that I chipped my PS2. You can PM me if you want.

#4 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 29 September 2005 - 09:53 PM

I <3 my stealth chipped PSOne... biggrin.gif

I'd sell you mine but I sold my chipped PS2 and well... I still use the PSOne tongue.gif

It's a very easy install... I actually did mine with a wood burner blink.gif

Edited by twistedsymphony, 29 September 2005 - 09:55 PM.

#5 Ed_209

Ed_209

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:38 AM

I still have a ton of ps1 chips lying around..they are the type that can be soldered in stealth mode (7 wires) and regular mode (5 wires)... stealth mode can be worked around if you patch the anti-modchip protection out of the game you are wanting to play... The older ps1 units are better only for the fact that they still have a link-up port to play system link games on. Always loved playing link up command and conquer and duke nukem on that system. You can even splice the ps1 link up cable with regular Cat-5 ethernet cable to make the cable up to 200 feet! But back on topic... ps1 mod installs are EASY for the most part... if you are capable of coloring in a 1/8" circle with a crayon then you should be able to mod one yourself.

#6 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:42 AM

yeah definitely cake to solder... it's like modding for dummies.

if you happen to find a console and a chip I can provide diagrams if need be... I have a huge poster with hi-res photos of the various PSX Mobo versions and their solder points wink.gif

#7 killerbootsman

killerbootsman

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:sports music xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:59 AM

i wish i would have kept my old PS1. Those were tho good days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users