Gokussj5okazu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:18 PM

Looking great! Kinda funny I did this with the exact same controller the night before you released this. Lol, mine's identicle. Great job!

beerchug.gif

#17 speed_racer88

speed_racer88

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy shredding the gnar, hangin' with my bros and long walks on the beach.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:32 PM

can you take the wireless reciever from inside a mad catz controller and put it in a controller s? i don't like cheap controllers but i really want to go wireless, even though xbox360 i just around the corner.

#18 crystalgeek

crystalgeek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Electronics and anything I can undo with a screwdriver
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 September 2005 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE(Granulated @ Sep 28 2005, 06:00 PM)
I wouldn't do this mod because I can't stand those controllers.

Other than that, good work.

The only two things I don't agree with are taping the ground to the shielding and cutting the controller port out.   huh.gif Cheap, unprofessional shortcuts, if you ask me.  Then again, it works, right?  The correct way to do it would have been to get a relay and install it so that the wired controller ports turn on when you plug a controller in, or even a switch.

View Post

this mod was aimed more at a personal level I am planning for all my ports to be wireless as I dont use live or need a dvd dongle I don't need to worry about the ports being used for something else. Thanks for the input, I just used what knowledge and materials I had. I couldnt find a tutorial anywhere else but im sure its been done before and maybe to a more professional standard, Where would you suggest tapping the ground to, I would have soldered the grounding cables but am planning on moving them in the near future.

EDIT: and of course on a stardard xbox with the controller ports cut out the whole front could be smoothed and have no ports visible
QUOTE(Gokussj5okazu @ Sep 29 2005, 12:29 AM)
Looking great! Kinda funny I did this with the exact same controller the night before you released this. Lol, mine's identicle. Great job!

beerchug.gif

View Post

Well done, How is your reception, mines hasnt been affected at all.

QUOTE(speed_racer88 @ Sep 29 2005, 12:43 AM)
can you take the wireless reciever from inside a mad catz controller and put it in a controller s? i don't like cheap controllers but i really want to go wireless, even though xbox360 i just around the corner.

View Post

I believe you could take the transmitter from inside the controller and solder it onto an s controller by removing the cables yes but I havent tried that and am not sure if I will or not.

Thanks for all the great feedback/support/ideas.

Edited by crystalgeek, 29 September 2005 - 09:13 AM.

#19 babyblu

babyblu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 September 2005 - 07:24 AM

good job man

I did almost the samething with the same controllers lol. only difs was that i soldered my receivers to the USB board and ran the leds to the front so I could see them.

good job on the tut

#20 crystalgeek

crystalgeek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE(babyblu @ Sep 30 2005, 08:35 AM)
good job man

I did almost the samething with the same controllers lol. only difs was that i soldered my receivers to the USB board and ran the leds to the front so I could see them.

good job on the tut

View Post

Lol good idea, everyone seems to have done this mod but no-one mentions it on here that I can find, I ended up moving my grounding cables last night and soldering on the the black lead coming from the hd, by using a stanley knive blade to remove a section of the insulation.

EDIT: How about a few pictures?

Edited by crystalgeek, 30 September 2005 - 09:07 AM.

#21 wwwavatar

wwwavatar

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 08:07 PM

nice work,

but why destroy the wired ports, you should be able to split the wires , and double up on the inputs, so when your batteries die, you can still plug into the original ports..

#22 irbanur

irbanur

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 10:18 PM

Damn! I've just finished my tut.. I did this on Tuesday with the first controller.. And did the other one today.. Well, well.. Great minds and so on.. biggrin.gif Nice work!

Yours looks better than mine.. On the other hand, this is my first mod not counting the mod chip..

Edited by irbanur, 30 September 2005 - 10:19 PM.

#23 96hondaex

96hondaex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:51 AM

Now only if there was a way to make an arcade joystick like the X-Arcade wireless? Let me know if this is possible and how.

Thanks

#24 cyfi

cyfi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • Interests:(Check my website)
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE(wwwavatar @ Sep 30 2005, 01:18 PM)
nice work,
but why destroy the wired ports, you should be able to split the wires , and double up on the inputs, so when your batteries die, you can still plug into the original ports..

View Post

thats what i did, all you need to do is add the wires and leave the others, but put a switch on the 5 volt or ground to the wireless reciver, then you can switch whenever you want

#25 wwwavatar

wwwavatar

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 02:29 AM

o,

most have over looked that part...

i though you just cut the existing wires....

even better then.. heh

#26 Granulated

Granulated

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE(wwwavatar @ Sep 30 2005, 03:18 PM)
nice work,

View Post

Exactly.

#27 stephenstashko

stephenstashko

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 05:47 AM

Nice job,

I agree but it would be nice to see with maybe some logitech controllers instead. biggrin.gif
It would be pretty sweet to have a front panel with no controller jacks at all, all wireless! beerchug.gif

You're giving me ideas.

#28 crystalgeek

crystalgeek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(irbanur @ Sep 30 2005, 11:29 PM)
Damn! I've just finished my tut.. I did this on Tuesday with the first controller.. And did the other one today.. Well, well.. Great minds and so on..  biggrin.gif  Nice work!

Yours looks better than mine.. On the other hand, this is my first mod not counting the mod chip..

View Post

great lookin tutorial.this was my first mod besides painting the sheeting aswell, good idea with removing the memery card reader. thnkz for all the feedback guys, yeah it would be good to have a switch on the controller ports.

EDIT:hell yeah i got linked on hackaday.com

Edited by crystalgeek, 03 October 2005 - 07:46 PM.

#29 neb15

neb15

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:06 PM

this may be the dumbest question ive asked yet, but you learn buy asking right?
so, if i say hardwire it into port umm lets say 3 i would lose the ability to plug a wired controler into it right? and if it is in port 3 i asume it would still work as the 1st player controler for single player games, right.?

#30 Ads

Ads

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:07 PM

Yeh good tut even i could follow it tongue.gif

Some1 please let me know when theres a tut for a wireless original xbox controller.

Would be much nicer than those aftermarket ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users