4 replies to this topic

#1 Tribal Prophet

Tribal Prophet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 09:16 AM

Hey there, I've got an xbox with x-ecuter, and one with enigmah. I was wondering if it was possible to install the new HDD using the xbox with the x-ecuter, and then switch it to the one with the enigmah. Would it be able to read it the same? I don't think it would matter, but I'm not sure how exaclty how the chips work with this sort of thing.

Sorry if this is hard to read, it's 3:30am here. My brain's shutting down.

Tribal Prophet

#2 BIOYAM

BIOYAM

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 09:46 AM

Look here: http://www.xbox-scen...m/modchips1.php I don't think that the Enigma supports a hard drive upgrade.
BIOYAM.

#3 Tribal Prophet

Tribal Prophet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 11:03 AM

Yeah, I've seen that. From what I've read, you need bios that enigmah can't use to run evolution x fully and get the harddrive ready. I was wondering if I could do all that on the xbox that had the x-ecuter and then take it out and put it in the xbox with the enigmah. Is it just the preparing that enigmah can't do, or is it not capable of running a different HDD?

The guide I'm looking at here says that the xbox doing the work has to be booted with the bios, but nothing's been mentioned anywhere that I've seen about whether an enigmah could run it.
http://www.xboxhacke...t=ST;f=4;t=3394

Thanks though.

Tribal Prophet

#4 DraGoNe

DraGoNe

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 04:54 PM

it's not a matter of preparation of the harddrive, it's about the retail bios and the enimah bios not having large harddrive support....i.e. can't recognize anything over 8 gigs.

#5 Tribal Prophet

Tribal Prophet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 11:40 PM

Okay, thanks a lot. That was the kind of thing that I didn't have a clue about.

Tribal Prophet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users