5 replies to this topic

#1 jmmitche

jmmitche

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 05:13 AM

I just recently got my x-bit v1.5 and can not figure this out. I flashed it with evoX m8 bios, but it still boots with the M$ dashboard. THe Light on the external part of the chip is green so i guess that means it is aligned correctly, so i dont know what to try. I took my hdd out of my modded xbox to see if it would boot up in this one since it already has a hacked dashboard on it, but i get the error 16. Please someone offer me some much needed guidance with this chip.

#2 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:43 PM

Flashing a chip with a bios is not the same as loading a new dashboard. The Evox M8 bios is made by the same group that made evolution-X dashboard.

#3 jmmitche

jmmitche

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:07 PM

Yes, I know this. But I can not get the xbox to boot the bios, it simply loads the m$ screen when I boot it up with the x-bit. So i tried to put my other hdd in the xbox because it has a hacked dashboard on it. And if the bios was running on the chip it would load the dashboard and everything if i am not mistaken. But it gives me an error 16 when i do that so i am guessing the bios is not running. I dont know if i flashed it wrong or if it is not aligned correctly or what. But i can not get the thing to load correctly.

#4 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:39 PM

Ok, i get you now.

Do you have the dip switches set right? im guessing that the d0 point is not aligned, so just re-seat your chip till it works.

#5 jmmitche

jmmitche

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:09 AM

Ok got it aligned and booting m8 bios, working great, but one problem. My xbox lights are blinking red/yellow/green..everything works fine but it is blinking like this non stop, is this normal or is something messed up?

#6 iceman4208

iceman4208

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:36 PM

what dashboard are you using?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users