whiteblur67

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 September 2005 - 09:49 PM

the technology in 360 is super powerful and the recent xbox games show that developers are really figuring out how to use all the power.

360 should be about 13 times more powerful
13 TIMES!!!!!!!!
at least thats what i got 3.2 x 3 = 9.6 ghz = 9600 mhz!!! / 733 mhz = 13.0968.....
thats cpu only

add the gpx chip which should be 4 times more powerful
i could be wrong 500 million triangles per second(360) / 150 million polygons per seconds(xbox) = 4

any way this is one powerful machine and should have enough power for a long time

games can only look so good and this generation will show it

i bet 360 still is going to be played and supported for 8 plus years

will there be a xbox 3 maybe but i think a 360 will be all somebody will need for a long time becuase games will continue on coming out for it since the technolgy is close to the max level

its like a dvd player which new movies have been coming out for years

in the future there will be consoles in almost all the homes with a television as median of entertanment

-you come home and see your xbox 360 sitting on top to your hdtv and you pull out the game called Halo 7 and play that instead of watch tv or a dvd-

beerchug.gif to the next generation the best, longest, and maybe last

videogames americas newest past time
pop.gif

#2 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(whiteblur67 @ Sep 29 2005, 04:00 PM)
the technology in 360 is super powerful and the recent xbox games show that developers are really figuring out how to use all the power.

360 should be about 13 times more powerful
13 TIMES!!!!!!!!
at least thats what i got 3.2 x 3 = 9.6 ghz = 9600 mhz!!! / 733 mhz =  13.0968.....
thats cpu only

add the gpx chip which should be 4 times more powerful
i could be wrong 500 million triangles per second(360) / 150 million polygons per seconds(xbox) = 4

any way this is one powerful machine and should have enough power for a long time

games can only look so good and this generation will show it

i bet 360 still is going to be played and supported for 8 plus years

will there be a xbox 3 maybe but i think a 360 will be all somebody will need for a long time becuase games will continue on coming out for it since the technolgy is close to the max level

its like a dvd player which new movies have been coming out for years

in the future there will be consoles in almost all the homes with a television as median of entertanment

-you come home and see your xbox 360 sitting on top to your hdtv and you pull out the game called Halo 7 and play that instead of watch tv or a dvd-

beerchug.gif to the next generation the best, longest, and maybe last

videogames americas newest past time
pop.gif

View Post

nvm. I read the post wrong

Edited by Mjkthirdeye, 29 September 2005 - 10:18 PM.

#3 NeuroChemist

NeuroChemist

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:26 PM

this will definetly not be the last console.....although i am intrigued by Ms when they say how it is "future proof" so i take this to mean when new tech (such as hd-dvd or a new videocard) comes it it may be possible to just upgrade the 360 you currently own.......although this is definetly not something "casual gamers" would be into......
i dunno but im pretty sure their will be a ps4 xbox-who knows what and probably another nintendo......but whos to say

#4 ebrunn

ebrunn

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:35 PM

another one in 4 or 5 years. then the next round will begin.

Edited by ebrunn, 29 September 2005 - 10:35 PM.

#5 psychoace

psychoace

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:04 AM

Yeah it seems great now but in 3 years this system as a computer will be extremely low end compared to what the fastest thing will be. Hell remember the xbox 360 is not even using the best parts. They don't have the fastest video card it dosn't have a gigabit ethernet port. It's cpu is a low grade 3.2ghz triple core (so when amd/intel come out with one it will be a lot more efficient then the xbox 360's cpu.

#6 xxwillisxx

xxwillisxx

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:33 AM

in 3 years will have 6ghz+ cpus with like 12 cores

#7 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:50 AM

You can't measure processing power like that. You don't take the number of cores times the number of mhz. Cores are limited by system buses and other things, not to mention a mhz is disputably measured in different ways. Any computer geek will tell you that.

Edited by esc1, 30 September 2005 - 12:52 AM.

#8 redwolf

redwolf

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE(NeuroChemist @ Sep 29 2005, 11:37 PM)
although i am intrigued by Ms when they say how it is "future proof"   so i take this to mean when new tech (such as hd-dvd or a new videocard) comes it it may be possible to just upgrade the 360 you currently own.......although this is definetly not something "casual gamers" would be into......

View Post

i'm still baffled HOW they gonna do such upgrade. since we void the warranty when we open up the X360.

Anyway console "upgrade" never works, as you say "casual gamer". MegaCD, 32x, 64DD etc. all failed.

IMO looking upto 3 years for X360, unless X360 turn out to be Dreamcast 2 and Sony takes over ph34r.gif

Edited by redwolf, 30 September 2005 - 01:05 AM.

#9 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:11 AM

Sony takes over. Ya right dude. MS let Sony take over their console. How do you come up with this rubbish?

Everyone will get a hdd for the 360 sooner or later. Its no where on the lines of the systems you just mentioned.

#10 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:21 AM

Ill be sick of the 360 in 3 years and want more power, it happens to me every generation.

I say skip the 360 and bring the 720!

pop.gif

#11 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:24 AM

Hopefully there will be something better than playing a game on a tv by then anyways. Something new and as revolutionary as the television was.

#12 redwolf

redwolf

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE(esc1 @ Sep 30 2005, 02:22 AM)
Sony takes over.  Ya right dude.  MS let Sony take over their console.  How do you come up with this rubbish? 

View Post

Dreamcast + M$

plus PS2 is STILL outselling the Xbox blink.gif

Edited by redwolf, 30 September 2005 - 01:58 AM.

#13 bluvasa

bluvasa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 03:04 AM

Hopefully there will be something better than playing a game on a tv by then anyways. Something new and as revolutionary as the television was.

Yeah like the Sony brainwave patent.

I'll be satisfied with the 360 until they start showing screenshots of its succesor.
My Xbox doesn't have the same allure since I saw that in-car PGR3 video today. laugh.gif

MS definitely has a long term plan. Whether it be taking over our living rooms or simply making good games, I think they are here to stay.

#14 tayl0124

tayl0124

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 04:14 AM

There will most definately be another next gen, and many to follow. These company are out there to get you to buy thier stuff. The one way they can do that best is to discontinue thier old stuff so you have to buy thier new stuff, unless you want to go shopping on ebay for all your games. As far as games go. They will get more realistic, but I do see your point. how much more realistic do they need to get. In the future I believe that they will just work mostly on graphics (backgrounds, and background scenery, i.e people in the stands and etc...)and gameplay. Also there will be new tech and the creators of that tech will also convince the consule makers, whomever they will be at the time, to make new systems.

#15 bluvasa

bluvasa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 06:42 AM

Yeah like the Sony brainwave patent.

I'll be satisfied with the 360 until they start showing screenshots of its succesor.
My Xbox doesn't have the same allure since I saw that in-car PGR3 video today. laugh.gif

MS definitely has a long term plan. Whether it be taking over our living rooms or simply making good games, I think they are here to stay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users