• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 iceversea

iceversea

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:08 AM

i bought the excuter 3 ce. mod chip.. took my xbox apart. tried installing the exapter piece but i have soldered holes... didnt have a copper wire braid! and what the fuck is that anyways?! 'cos i asked someone and they didnt even know what that was! so i tried putting it on anyways without getting rid of the soldered pieces and i had everything unplugged and dissassembled through the guide and when i put all the plugs back in my xbox wouldnt turn back on... i dunno if it was grounded issue or what... but i ive worked with electronics and that grounding shit was never a huge deal, just a precaution where i worked alot of times... and im pisst off... 'cos all i wanted to do is play a fuckin european game i bought im my gay ass american xbox... this shit is retarted. regional codes can suck my didick!!! im sure i fucked up somewhere but i just cant believe i fucked this up.. 'cos they make it sound soo fuckin easy to do. can anyone shed any light on this?

#2 pseudoschizo

pseudoschizo

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:24 AM

Post some pictures... I can't tell what the hell's going on.. What doesn't work? Anything? Does it power on at all? A little information would help..

pSc

#3 iceversea

iceversea

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 10:01 AM

sorry.. no pics to post... i just took it apart with the instructions that mod-chip.com gave me... and where the solderless adapter piece goes there was solder already in there... supposedly xbox versions 1.0 or 1.1 and what not have that shit in there. so the instructions said optional. so i figured i didnt need to get rid of the solder and could just bypass it somehow and just screw in the adapter piece.. and youre supposed to test it after puttin it in.. but when i plugged back in every piece like the usb ports the power plug in, the fan, etc... everything. i plugged my power supply to the back of the machine... my xbox wouldnt turn on at all... and just so you know i had trouble getting the top piece of the xbox cover off... the very back piece that it stuck in with a screw didnt wanna come off.. i like pryed that shit off by breaking it off.. but i didnt wreck the motherboard at all.. i just dunno where i went wrong. im afraid it could have been a grounded issue. i dont think pictures would even help. 'cos i could just show pieces of my xbox taken apart but i wouldnt really help. my xbox is either a 1.0 or 1.1 .. thats what i narrowed it down to through the figuring out what version your xbox is. this just isnt making sense to me. im just wondering if there is anywhere i could buy a already modded xbox so i could play this game and my already existing games... 'cos if i cant use my harddrive i have that sux.. 'cos all my xbox live account shit is on it and my rainbow six lockdown stuff is on it.. and ive gotten pretty far with my p.e.c. character... i dont wanna start over.

#4 pseudoschizo

pseudoschizo

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 September 2005 - 10:12 AM

If absolutley nothing happens when you press the power button, than most likely the power/eject board isn't plugged into the motherboard. Triple check all the connections is all I can really say.

pSc

#5 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:04 PM

so you tried to take all the solder out of the lpc point?

smooth

#6 derblack31

derblack31

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:02 PM

the way I understood his post I think he left the LPC holes on his 1.0 box filled and tried to plug everything in nevertheless.

If that is the case, get some desoldering braid for a few bucks and suck the solder out of the LPC port holes.. then start over from there...

I don't think you've ruined your box, but that all depends of course....

and don't just blindly go on live with your "moded" box, cause they'll kick you out if you don't know how to "disguise" your box as stock...

Edited by derblack31, 30 September 2005 - 01:05 PM.

#7 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:18 PM

i say just calm down, read the guide again, and see what has to be done to get it working.

i dont doubt that it s fixable (there are very few things that are). just take your time, and it will get fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users