• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 george_c

george_c

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 03:33 PM

First, a disclaimer. I am an idiot. I rushed into this idea, and screwed it up. So please, no making fun smile.gif

I decided it might be nice to try a new dash, and avalaunch looked cool, and seemed popular. So what did I do? Took the easy way of doing things, and did this -

The simplest way to replace evox with avalaunch is to simply move everything from Avalaunch into your C: drive. It is ok for you to mix these in with you EvolutionX files, as they use different file structures and will not interfere with eachother. You will need to (of course) rename avalaunch's default.xbe to avalaunch.xbe. Then, you should rename your evoXdash.xbe to evox.xbe. Now assuming that you ARE in fact running the Xecuter BIOS like I told you, you can reboot and it will come up with Avalaunch as your dashboard. Pretty easy, right?

i did this. now my xbox boots to M$ dashboard, and I don't know what to do. Don't get me wrong, I have looked around, but there is a lot of info out there, and I simply don't know what to do or where to start to get my xbox sorted again.

I would really appreciate any help that anyone could give me. Thank you very much :-)

#2 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 September 2005 - 04:47 PM

so you have avalaunch.xbe and evox.xbe in your c: drive?
and it boots up right into the M$ dash?

What bios are u using, by the way?
It would be great if you know the boot priority (what .xbe file the xbox looks at first).

you'll need a boot disc in order to be able to rename the contents of c:

You can either reflash your chip with a customized boot priority.
ex> 1st. avalaunch.xbe
2nd evox.xbe
3rd. unleashx.xbe

or you can rename the avalaunch.xbe into evoxdash.xbe since the avalaunch.xbe (if you typed correctly) is not in the boot priority.

#3 george_c

george_c

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 04:56 PM

yep, just realised i'd need the boot disk. how big is slayer's auto-installer? i'm on 56k y'see. is there any way of doing it without downloading a massive install? :-) thanks for the help.

ie, how do i do this?

You can either reflash your chip with a customized boot priority.
ex> 1st. avalaunch.xbe
2nd evox.xbe
3rd. unleashx.xbe

i am just baffled by the wealth of info out there.

Edited by george_c, 30 September 2005 - 04:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users