X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:35 AM

user posted image

i like the look of the street ball. it would be cool to make your own park to play street ball.

#17 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:11 AM

oh my

I might have to rent this game at some point, and I despise basketball, real and videogame.

good grief imagine if EA didnt take the NFL rights.

#18 dajuice

dajuice

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:28 AM

I just saw the pics today and man am I impressed. This is truly next gen. Look at the details- the sweat, the textured jersy, the veins. This game looks friggin awesome and wait till it gets to the final stages- it's gonna look even better. And Deftech, my sentiments exactly, only if the NFL license wasn't exclusive to EA because 2K makes awesome football games.

#19 ebrunn

ebrunn

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 07:16 AM

the gameplay is going to just as good too. those graphics are so badass. only question I have is will it be in 1080i or not. 720p will be just as good though.

#20 Shinamano

Shinamano

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 03:52 PM

blink.gif Holy effin shyte...

#21 xboxmodder4life

xboxmodder4life

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE(ebrunn @ Oct 1 2005, 02:27 AM)
the gameplay is going to just as good too. those graphics are so badass. only question I have is will it be in 1080i or not. 720p will be just as good though.

View Post

this has been stated many many times. The xbox360 will required 720p from the developer then upscale the games to 1080i.

#22 Tripme

Tripme

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:36 PM

It is obvious it is a game, but on my 19" LCD from 6' away she thought it was real.

lol, it does look pretty real when far away wink.gif

#23 jagsfan

jagsfan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 08:14 PM

Will it look like this in game?

if you read the article they state several times this

All the footage, from the video to the screenshots are 100% gameplay

And again, this is 100% gameplay.

Can't fake the funk on this nasty dunk.

beerchug.gif

#24 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 October 2005 - 08:44 PM

All the footage, from the video to the screenshots are 100% gameplay. I repeat, these are not cut scenes. These are not an artist's interpretation of gameplay. This is NBA 2K6.

Hows that?

fuggers beerchug.gif

#25 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:09 PM

Well fugger...

knowing that exact same thing is written year after year about NBA 2K and seeing a 'through the hoop' camera should tell you that while it may be real graphics running off 360, it's not gameplay visuals.

Also if you are familiar with the 2K bball games, you'd know their replay visuals are enhanced, as I mentioned earlier.

You can see the jersey texture and sweat 'load in' during close-ups on 2K5, you also see players poly models draw in higher detailed versions. This is all done for replays too. These techniques actually began with the Dreamcast version.

I'm not doubting these are graphics nor am I doubting the almost unmatched quality from these devs but I will not expect them at that quality during gameplay. Which doesn't bother me (because if true, it would be barely noticeable anyway) nor change my opinion that it's currently the best looking graphics I've ever seen.

#26 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:48 PM

The animation is almost there, but vis looks outstanding. Incredible really. Have you guys seen the sonic the hedgehog game.!? ph34r.gif

#27 whiteblur67

whiteblur67

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:54 PM

ya so humans will look great next gen

bring on the next gen female volleyball games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif

#28 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 October 2005 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE(illbastid @ Oct 1 2005, 03:06 AM)
Just imagine what NFL 2K6 would have looked like. I hate EA.

View Post

Yeah, and I'm starting to despise EA fanboys as well.
Not because they are directly involved with EA, but for indirectly laundering money to such a terrorist organization.

Evil sons of biatches! muhaha.gif

Edited by miggidy, 02 October 2005 - 05:27 AM.

#29 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 October 2005 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE(corkinator @ Oct 1 2005, 10:20 PM)
Well fugger...

knowing that exact same thing is written year after year about NBA 2K and seeing a 'through the hoop' camera should tell you that while it may be real graphics running off 360, it's not gameplay visuals.

Also if you are familiar with the 2K bball games, you'd know their replay visuals are enhanced, as I mentioned earlier.

You can see the jersey texture and sweat 'load in' during close-ups on 2K5, you also see players poly models draw in higher detailed versions. This is all done for replays too. These techniques actually began with the Dreamcast version.

I'm not doubting these are graphics nor am I doubting the almost unmatched quality from these devs but I will not expect them at that quality during gameplay. Which doesn't bother me (because if true, it would be barely noticeable anyway) nor change my opinion that it's currently the best looking graphics I've ever seen.

View Post

Well don't expect it.

I do....
Actually I expect this to improve.
You know the animation will get up to 60 fps, so we'll get that at the very least.
Anything else will be a cherry on top.

Wow, VC really knows their ish....
Can't wait to see their Legends of Football game, hopefully it will finally be shown at X05....

Edited by miggidy, 02 October 2005 - 05:36 AM.

#30 Breakdown05

Breakdown05

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE(corkinator @ Oct 1 2005, 02:20 PM)
Well fugger...

View Post

fugger tongue.gif rotfl.gif LOL kk sorry

IGN did say it was gameplay rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users