Photo

Did Or Do You Own A Dreamcast?

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Poll: Did or Do you own a Dreamcast?

Did or Do you own a Dreamcast?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 georaldc

georaldc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:21 AM

Got my dreamcast together with nba2k, house of the dead, and soul calibur. What a huge graphical overhaul compared to the N64/PS! Unfortunately, my dreamcast died and i had to replace it. Bought a lot of games afterwards (shenmue series, now that got me really hooked to the console!). Sadly, it died out again, but I'm looking forward to buying my 3rd dreamcast . I'll never get tired with it cause its obviously the best damn system ever released beerchug.gif

#122 |20b0+3k

|20b0+3k

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:01 PM

I loved PSO the most i wasted many a hour on that game, the xbox version just isent as cool as the orginal was.

#123 pug_ster

pug_ster

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:06 PM

Definately, this system went before its time. I actually got the broadband connector where I made backups from originals:)

#124 DivyX

DivyX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:49 PM

I didn't have one ever, however my friend does and when i think back at it it really deserved much more and it was highly ground breaking. Hmmmm.... luckily i got to play shenmue 2 on xbox ^^ that series deserves much more!! Let's hope one day...

#125 Helios

Helios

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:05 AM

I can't even remember what the graphics were like on it. I played a FISHING game and laughed at the stupidness (If thats a real word lol) and I hated it. Controllers felt too weird. Can someone post a screenie of like Soul Calibur or something? beerchug.gif

#126 biosehnsucht

biosehnsucht

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(shank69xo @ Oct 7 2005, 05:12 AM)
I bought one at 12:00AM on the launch day. I think it was 9/9 but Im not sure.

View Post

The US launch was 9/9/1999 for $199 IIRC .. biggrin.gif

If you keep an eye on the G4/TechTV listings there's an Icons episode all about the Dreamcast.. also one for the Xbox, they're both great episodes to see.

My Tivo records ALL Icons episodes pop.gif

#127 Owtlaw333

Owtlaw333

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE(biosehnsucht @ Oct 8 2005, 01:57 AM)
If you keep an eye on the G4/TechTV listings there's an Icons episode all about the Dreamcast.. also one for the Xbox, they're both great episodes to see.

My Tivo records ALL Icons episodes  pop.gif

View Post

G4 sucks.... TechTV was way better (I used to watch it when it was ZDTV, lol). I miss TSS sad.gif lol. Screw Comcast. They ruin everything.

Edited by Owtlaw333, 09 October 2005 - 04:33 AM.

#128 blue bandicoot

blue bandicoot

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 18 October 2005 - 06:52 PM

i agree dreamcast was the best, but i never owned one - i always played at friends houses.

i agree, g4 sucks balls. techtv was so much better.

#129 dmanjohn

dmanjohn

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:20 AM

i still have like 4 dreamcast i bought them like a year age for like 10 bucks a piece but one i got off a friend for 4 dollar what a steal

#130 MJFOSTER77

MJFOSTER77

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:39 AM

Yeah I own one but I just listed it on ebay to sell it.

#131 msimplay

msimplay

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:44 AM

yeh i've still got my dreamcast infact it was such a favourite of mine
I bought all three regions of the dreamcast and more than one uk version
I loved Sega ever since the N64 took too long to come out by that time people had either bought a psx or saturn. I myself bought a Sega Saturn because at the time i didn't like the idea of it not being Nintendo or Sega however i did later buy a psx it got less played than my Sega Saturn by far.
Dreamcast came i was amazed it delivered everything it had promised for the first time true perfect arcade graphics in the home online play it was amazing.
I was very disheartened when Sega said they would no longer be supporting the Dreamcast. The next generation which was the xbox generation Sega totally abandoned the gamesplayer in my opinion since they didn't make their games multi platform instead they made games exclusive to consoles.
By rights everything the Playstation 2 had as exclusives like Virtua fighter 4 should have been on the Xbox too. Stupid Sega made me buy all three consoles so i could play their games but they didn't release as many games when they were first party developer for their own console and in that way Sega won't be the same again.
They've become just another developer now shame that is sad.gif

#132 racketboy

racketboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:47 PM

I still have my Dreamcast and there are still a number of titles that keep me hanging onto it.

The original Jet Grind Radio is incredible, it has a great selection of 2D fighters and shooters, and the games are dirt cheap for the most part.

I really wish Sega would port some of their more cult-favorite titles from both the Saturn and the Dreamcast so we could enjoy them on more modern consoles...

#133 nfs911

nfs911

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, PC Games- Counter-Strike: Source
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 November 2005 - 05:34 PM

Dreamcast was an amazing system, I don't know why people said it was so bad. You can buy it for $25 at eb or gamestop and the graphics are on par with ps2. I think the games are amazing.

#134 R_Y_A_N

R_Y_A_N

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(Mr.INSANE @ Oct 1 2005, 08:10 PM) View Post

I simply love to play dreamcats online i still do

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/

... i have come to hate sony not to mention there craptacular console quality. 2 ps2s both broke one xbox three years and still going strong

I agree. I used to work for EB Games for 2 years and Sony sucks when it comes to taking care of their customers. Almost everyone I know is either on their 2nd or 3rd PS2 system because of the Disc Read Errors. If you send your console to them, they send you a different one back usually (and sometimes that one doesn't work). Plus not to mention the nightmare of when the PSP came out (I was there for that). Once people started to complain about the dead pixels, Sony sent all the stores letters saying that was normal and not to switch out the system. I saw a few of the defective units and a few dead pixels will really kill a good game experience. Sorry, but if I'm paying $250, I should be given a fully working system, not a half ass "sorry about that, but we'll keep your money".

Also, on the topic of Dreamcast, I still play it more than my modded XBOX. I was playing Sonic and Tony Hawk 2 yesterday. I like playing Powerstone, Coasterworks (wacky, but fun), Hydro Thunder (my favorite arcade racer), and SF Rush 2049 (second favorite arcade racer).

Good memories and times biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users