• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 kenniiiiii

kenniiiiii

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:54 PM

wont run from the harddrive. anyone with the same problem? NBA Live 06, the Suffering 2 and now this. arghhhh

#2 lenballs

lenballs

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:25 AM

Scooby-Doo is easy, just delete the entire contents of the FATX file in the game folder, but leave the 0kb file there.

Credits to some dude named Onion for this beerchug.gif

#3 Q3A-TaNK

Q3A-TaNK

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 October 2005 - 06:17 AM

That FATX trick doesnt work to tell you all the truth grab the recently released FED-X PPF patch file for this game, patch your orginal backup ISO and burn! works great check a certin console news site on how to download this PPF file in its fourm.

#4 DManC

DManC

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(Q3A-TaNK @ Oct 8 2005, 01:28 AM)
That FATX trick doesnt work to tell you all the truth grab the recently released FED-X PPF patch file for this game, patch your orginal backup ISO and burn! works great check a certin console news site on how to download this PPF file in its fourm.

View Post

ive looked everywhere for that FED-X ppf youre talking about and cant find it at all..a little help might be nice smile.gif

thanks

#5 crs

crs

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:24 PM

I looked at that FedX patch but it's no use for us that bought the original. That patch was made specifically for a pirated image, there is no way to apply it to a legally bought copy. So forget about it.

#6 DManC

DManC

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 05:07 PM

where the hell are you finding this fed x shit...wtf

#7 bdf24

bdf24

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:28 PM

By deleting the contents of the Fatx file the game does run off of the HDD.

Q3A-TaNK are you saying the game wont run correctly or will stop running at a certian point? So far it seems to be running ok, But my sons not very far into the game though either.

#8 Q3A-TaNK

Q3A-TaNK

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:55 AM

I deleted the contents of the FATX file but left the actual file alone. But it still gave me a DDE. Go to console-news.org and then sign up for the fourm to get the patch. Whats the difference between a pirated ISO image and and an orginal copy ISO. Nothing check the CRCs it will be that same. Just use the patch like it says depsite it orginally attended for the USA ISO ver of the game. You should be able to patch it with a orginal bought ver of the game backed up with CraXtion or QWIX.

#9 crs

crs

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE(Q3A-TaNK @ Oct 9 2005, 02:06 AM)
I deleted the contents of the FATX file but left the actual file alone. But it still gave me a DDE. Go to console-news.org and then sign up for the fourm to get the patch. Whats the difference between a pirated ISO image and and an orginal copy ISO. Nothing check the CRCs it will be that same. Just use the patch like it says depsite it orginally attended for the USA ISO ver of the game. You should be able to patch it with a orginal bought ver of the game backed up with CraXtion or QWIX.

View Post

Depending on which tool you use to make an Xbox iso out of your original game disc, you might not get an exact replica of the image that this FedX patch is intended for. The patch changes some bytes of data at a specific point, which might be at a different location in your ownmade image. I tried but the ppf patcher failed on my own made image.

#10 bdf24

bdf24

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE(Q3A-TaNK @ Oct 8 2005, 07:06 PM)
I deleted the contents of the FATX file but left the actual file alone. But it still gave me a DDE.

View Post

When did you get the DDE? Right away or a bit into the game?

#11 Q3A-TaNK

Q3A-TaNK

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:30 AM

As soon as I launched the game from UX it gave me a DDE. BTW did u use PPF-O-Matic or something else? I used at first Oninja Patcher at I messed up my image then i grab PPF-O-Matic 3 work like a charm on the next try, Thats after i remade my image.

#12 bdf24

bdf24

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:54 AM

No all I did was copy to HDD with the newest Dvd2xbox and cleared out the contents of the fatx file. The game runs perfect so far.

#13 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:14 AM

That patch was made specifically for a pirated image, there is no way to apply it to a legally bought copy. So forget about it.

where the hell are you finding this fed x shit...wtf

1. No one can link you to it so forget asking (yes even with the winks)
2. Read what the guy said. It won't work on your retail copy.

#14 bbodin

bbodin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:38 PM

I recieved a DDE error the first time I started it up (after the intro and after I select "new game" it looked like it did an automatic game save, then I would get the error as it was starting that first level) Happened the 2nd time I tried new game as well. On the 3rd try I just went in to see if it had actually saved, and it had...so I just loaded that auto-save and it worked fine from then on.

#15 lenballs

lenballs

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:32 PM

If you have a retail PAL copy (the one you actually pay money for), rip it with dvd2xbox and clear out the FATX file it does work.

My nephew is 38% through, maybe it will crap out later, but hey at least its working.

All the problems I see in this thread may be related to an NTSC version, or a downloaded crap version.

Stop posting if you haven't bought the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users