X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:29 PM

Link

hile last week we dropped the story that there would be a secret character in Tecmoís upcoming Dead Or Alive 4 that was from a non-Tecmo franchise, we can now officially confirm which franchise this character will be from.

A Tecmo source at X05 in Amsterdam today confirmed to Game Informer Online that the game that this secret character is from is none other than Halo.  This is the first time Team Ninja has gone away from their own stable of characters for the Dead Or Alive series and is using a character from another title.  While our Tecmo representative would not say exactly who this character would be, we found out it is not Master Chief.  We unfortunately canít 100% confirm which character will be in Dead Or Alive 4, but we can guarantee it will not be a warthog.

Weíll have further updates on this story when we get them.

This should be... interesting? huh.gif
Who do you think it will be an Elite, one of the human characters, a Grunt rotfl.gif

beerchug.gif

#2 Shinamano

Shinamano

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:53 PM

Cortana or Miranda...but my bets are still on Joanna Dark...hell throw them all in.

#3 Ces2k3

Ces2k3

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:54 PM

its gonna be cortana or even capt keys daughter

#4 tommy600

tommy600

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:15 PM

Another interesting thought just came to me. Didnít Itagaki say the there last project couldnít be revealed until the secret DOA character was revealed? Could this project have something to do with the Halo franchise?

This was taken from the weekly whatís update at Bungie.

Oh. Keep your eyes peeled next week for a surprising, cool, awesome Bungie-related announcement. No it is not Halo 3, nor is it the surprise revelation of our next project (whatever that may be) but itís sweet. Itís something Iíve hinted at in the past. And youíll probably like it. More than that I canít say. Which even I know is aggravating. But it ainít up to me. So just be patient.

WWU

Maybe they do have something going on together. ph34r.gif

#5 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:55 PM

How the bloody hell do you mix the Halo franchise (FPS in the future... in the middle of space) with the DOA universe (fighting/action on earth with slight fantasy notions)?? I'm really curious about how that could be pulled off. Maybe we're reading too much into this...

#6 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 03 October 2005 - 05:33 PM

I don't know.

If it's the cheif and their is ryu kicking and punching at me, I will just grin, shoot him with my pistol and then throw a frag at him.

rolleyes.gif I won, I won, I beat a ninja with a frag, pistol and mojnir armor.

#7 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(Ozy @ Oct 3 2005, 01:44 PM)
I don't know.

If it's the cheif and their is ryu kicking and punching at me, I will just grin, shoot him with my pistol and then throw a frag at him.

rolleyes.gif I won, I won, I beat a ninja with a frag, pistol and mojnir armor.

View Post

I dunno, Ryu was dodging heat seaking missles in that DOA4 trailer from E3... I bet he can dodge a frag grenade. Then he'll rip right thru the chief's armor with his dragon blade. Go ninja Go ninja GO! ohmy.gif Ok, no more TMNT for me... laugh.gif

#8 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(tommy600 @ Oct 3 2005, 11:26 AM)
Another interesting thought just came to me.† Didnít Itagaki say the there last project couldnít be revealed until the secret DOA character was revealed?† Could this project have something to do with the Halo franchise?†

This was taken from the weekly whatís update at Bungie.
WWU

Maybe they do have something going on together. ph34r.gif

View Post

he was talking about the identity of the masked fighter, who he still hasnt released the name of. he did leave a hint in the 1up interview:

1UP: If you could, please introduce the new characters to us. Let's start with Mariposa. What's her fighting style and how did you arrive at that?

TI: The character La Mariposa is a promise; I had been promising to put her in the game for a while. Fans will know who she is from that statement. And the reason that her fighting style is Lucha Libre is because we wanted to do a character in that fighting style for a while. It's Mexican pro wrestling. I really think that her movements are amazing.

from the time she was shown in DoAX itigaki has said he plans to use Lisa in future DoA games

as for the secret character, in the interview that i mentioned above, they talked about how one of the team members wanted to do a robot character,, well maybe cortana is the closest to a robot character that itagaki would allow, IMO its either her or maranda as the secret character.

Edited by KAGE360, 03 October 2005 - 06:32 PM.

#9 Shinamano

Shinamano

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:50 PM

Some people are concerned with story...they could always include Cortana as a training simulator...and only have her in the vs side of things...

#10 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(Shinamano @ Oct 3 2005, 02:01 PM)
Some people are concerned with story...they could always include Cortana as a training simulator...and only have her in the vs side of things...

View Post

exactly i dont think the new character would have anything to do with the story. hell gen fu is a regular in the series but hes not even in the story mode, but hes playable in every other mode. the same could be done for the secret character.

#11 Shinamano

Shinamano

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:39 PM

I think a training simulator could be a good way to incorporate her...I just hope that they don't pull a 'Random' character thing like they did with the wood block guy from Tekken...

#12 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 October 2005 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(Shinamano @ Oct 3 2005, 02:50 PM)
.I just hope that they don't pull a 'Random' character thing like they did with the wood block guy from Tekken...

View Post

I dont even wanna know wtf that is

laugh.gif

#13 Moleman

Moleman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 09:07 PM

How about sarge. He could kick ass and take names something aweful. Master Chief would have been cooler though.

#14 Shinamano

Shinamano

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Sorry I am in the explaining mood...there was a wooden block character in Tekken where when you picked him each round he imitated a random character (basically a round by round random select only you never knew who he was until you started to play) and it was a pain in the ass...

hopefully Cortana will have her own style...

#15 jaskerzada006

jaskerzada006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

I dont even wanna know wtf that is

No you don't my friend......

But kinda like the fleshy member guy from Soul Caliber. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users