7 replies to this topic

#1 bluecrush

bluecrush

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:19 PM

posted a few days ago about this xbox with the error screen.
My question is i have a 2.3b Xecuter chip/ programer. If i was to swap this chip into the xbox showing the error 16 would this let me gain ftp access to re-install the dash? I mentioned program incase a sugestion came up about inbeding original eeprom onto a bios to gain access. Not sure if this is necessary to fix it. just need a simple method.
I did try using xboxhdm but on otion 3 "locking, unlocking tools the menu was scrambled. i got the "password" part of the text. Anybody have any clues to why that is, by the wasy all other menus on xboxhd text where very clear.

cheers

#2 misterhoangdai

misterhoangdai

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:28 PM

you can do the modchip thing but it's less trouble just to use xboxhdm since you're taking apart your xbox. you don't have to use option 3 if you're going down the xboxhdm route. just hotswap and you can boot right into option 2 and go straight to rebuilding your C drive.

#3 bluecrush

bluecrush

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:53 AM

hi i read through hot swap link in your sig, but decided to go with the mod chip route as feel more confident with soldering. I have now soldered the chip in the error 16 xbox which has M7 bios loaded from my own xbox. Im still getting error 16 on boot up. Do i need to embed the original eeprom into M7 bios to get this box to boot?
Thanks

actualy i think it's 4971 bios isn't it to embed?

Edited by bluecrush, 05 October 2005 - 10:54 AM.

#4 bluecrush

bluecrush

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:21 PM

ok tried the hotswap guide using winxp from the previous post
http://redeyedfoolz....asp?TID=11&PN=1

could only hotswap just after the flubber starts as i don't get a ms logo(otherwise frags half way through flubber.

Pressed space bar on pc to continue the boot up by the time th epc boots xbox error now showing code 7(frags)

went into device manager clicked "disc drive" scan for new hardware scans really quick(don't see it in the list. Switch hdd cable back into xbox(reboots "error 16".

I felt like i was doing something right as the xbox stayed on green also hard clicking noices while connected to me pc.
What am i not doing correctly. Any ideas or help would be very appreciated PLEASE!

Also if i could find my X2 programmer would i need to embed eeprom/ which is the correct bios for that job, thanks........

#5 bluecrush

bluecrush

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:53 PM

please can someone give some good straight advice.
another thing i have tried is
xboxhdm (never used before until now)

1. error 16
2.i have original eeprom(everyone says back it up ,i have. I need this thing repaired. so please im begging HELP!)
3.option 3 on xboxhdm (i can't read the scrambled text on the unlocking screen) WHY IS THIS?
4. i type "unlockhd-a" (press enter can't read what it says below that)
I type in "hdunlock" pressed enter. i get something totally different(guess what can't read that either.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! This is so annoying now. None of these screens are mentioned on any tutorials that i found.
I must be a DUMMy cus i don't understand the "dummy Guide" how Thick is that?

Edited by bluecrush, 05 October 2005 - 02:54 PM.

#6 Neilor

Neilor

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:39 PM

I don't know the answers to all your questions, but if you have the modchip installed all you need is a boot disk with a dashboard that supports ftp.... evox, avalaunch, unleashx .... whatever...

The error 16 is an MS Dashboard problem, because your hacked bios hasn't found a hacked dashboard where it was expecting, it's defaulted back to the ms dash and that's why your still seeing error 16.

So get a dash, burn it to DVD (named as default.xbe), cold boot with the DVD in your drive and modchip enabled, get ftp access and restore your ms dashboard to retail (off slayers2.6, or copy from another xbox if you have one).

Edited by Neilor, 05 October 2005 - 04:40 PM.

#7 bluecrush

bluecrush

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:54 PM

ok great ill give this a try..

thanks for your feedback much appreciated smile.gif

#8 bluecrush

bluecrush

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(misterhoangdai @ Oct 5 2005, 12:39 AM)
you can do the modchip thing but it's less trouble just to use xboxhdm since you're taking apart your xbox. you don't have to use option 3 if you're going down the xboxhdm route. just hotswap and you can boot right into option 2 and go straight to rebuilding your C drive.

View Post

Thank You, thank you. It was this info what i followed in the end.
on the 2nd attempt, hot swapped just as the xbox flashed red,also with xboxhdm.

Re-softmodded it back.....
at last!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users