X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:54 PM

i have a sumsung hd tv and hd companant cables for the xbox.
now its only a 26inch tv, and from what i can tell it does 1080i nativly, since it says hdtv 1080i in the casing of the tv (this confuses me cuz i though that 1080i was sposed to be used for larger screens) but it also does 480p and 720p.

my problem is with 3 games inparticular: MK: Shoalin Monks, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and DOOM3 (<the worst)

what happens is, example, splinter cell, the light on sam fishers back (and his goggle thingy) leaves....well trails is the best word i can thing of... i assume you know what i mean..when i walk or creep the lights in the game leave a strange shodow like trail of the movement i just made.

doom3 is even worse, but halo or halo2 doesnt do it at all....or t.h.u.g.2, halo2 looks great w/ no problems at all. but doom3 halo2 and splinter cell are all in 480p so i dont understand whats happening. i have my ms dash (xbox is modded w/evox) set for 720 and 480 w/ 1080i turned off, as this seems to look the best for all games. i have treid messing with a custom video mode on my tv, adjusting brightness contrast and sharpness...(if any one would like to reccomend settings for these feel free :} )
to no avail.

so if any one would like to do a little investigating, or help me out at all i would really appreciate it, heres a link to my exact tv, a pdf of the manual is also on this site. beerchug.gif This is my TV

#2 NeuroChemist

NeuroChemist

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:21 PM

:bump: uhh.gif

did i ask the question wrong, or does nobody have any advice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users