• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Whatenshtien!

Whatenshtien!

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:42 PM

I have my TSL game disk installed to the hard drive so I could create an override folder and use mods in my game. So far all I have used is the workbench mod, which is pretty simple to install.

Now I want to use a mod that adds hoods to the Jedi and Sith robes in the game. Trouble with that is... the custom items never turn up in the game and since I'm using an Xbox I can't (to my knowledge) use the "Give Item" command. So I figured I could just add the hoods to my inventory by using the KotOR Save Editor, which got me nowhere.

So now I stop and think... I'm at the very beginning of the game (I screwed up my original saves... heh.) So I only have a few chemicals and 4 medpacks. Now I figure the game only counts the medpack as one inventory item and then just tacks a number behind that one item to determine how many uses it gets. So I switched out the medpacks for one hood, and then I upped the inventory count of that hood to four. So I just went and loaded up the game, and it still counts my save as corrupt. So... Damn.

So now I figure I can try the KotOR Tool and hopefully just add a dialog option in the workbench mod that would let me equip the PC with these new hoods. So I tried that... and to me it looked like it should work. But when I load it up in the game the option for a hood is not there.

I then get my ass back to the intrawebs to see if I can find anyway to make this work. I stumble across a post at Lucus Forums where a member mentions that the model format used to mod KotOR on the PC is not the same format the Xbox uses for models in its version of the game... which doesn't make any sense to me but I suppose thats possible.

So I have run out of ideas and at this point am a little past caring about if I have a hood or not. rolleyes.gif However I would still apreciate any insight I can get into this.

#2 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:20 AM

Whether or not it makes any sense, different model formats are true for the majority of xbox games for many reasons. Trying to use the models from the PC version of KotOR will get you nowhere with the xbox.

In fact, they're one of the very few file types used by the game that can't be used straight across.

#3 Whatenshtien!

Whatenshtien!

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:50 AM

I was afraid of that. sad.gif

Ah, well I guess I'm all modded out then. I have had little trouble putting custom made vehicles into the GTA games so I just assumed I would be able to do the same for KotOR and TSL.

'Tis a shame I say.

.:EDIT:.

Wouldn't it be possible to convert the models to the Xbox format? Like with 3Ds Max or Zmod, or ...you know, somthing?

Edited by Whatenshtien!, 06 October 2005 - 06:59 AM.

#4 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 October 2005 - 03:40 PM

Considering the length of time these games have been out, if it was going to get done, it probably would have been by now. It's still possible, I suppose. But don't bet anything valuable on it happening.

I have the xbox and PC versions of both games, and I compared several of the same models in a hex editor. If I remember right, they were exactly the same size (to the byte), but compared side-to-side, they were about 80% different (codewise). That's more than a "little" bit of a difference. huh.gif

Still, if you can find someone who's good at reverse-engineering graphic files, it could probably be done.

#5 Whatenshtien!

Whatenshtien!

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:03 PM

I know some people that are good at that kind of thing... But I'm gonna assume they can't be bothered cause well... normally they can't be bothered. tongue.gif

I thank you for your replies though. At least I'm getting a good idea of what I can and can't do with the Xbox version of the game. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users