• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 k_man101

k_man101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 03:26 AM

I'm just wondering what mods i should do first. Alls I really use my xbox for is to listen to music and to play video games every now and then. I know I need to add a bigger hard drive and a new cd/dvd drive and a bigger and better fan. I have my box on for like 5-6 hours a day, so I know I need a bigger fan to keep it cooler. I plan on painting it soon and maybe adding some led lights to it. I just was wonder what I should to for hardware mods or w/e. Any help or ideas apprciated.

#2 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 October 2005 - 03:28 AM

if your dvd drive is not exhibiting signs of going bad, then you don't need a new one.

#3 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 October 2005 - 03:32 AM

I doubt you need the new fan either unless you have problems with the XBox shutting itself down during your 5-6 hour gaming sessions. My XBox has a stock fan and I've had it one that long quite a few times with no issues. But if you want to do it, go ahead. Some people like to put LED fans and such in their XBoxs.

You may want to read the Case/Hardwaremodding forum to get some ideas for mods.

#4 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:49 AM

Moving to the Case/Hardware forum...

#5 eminvil_12

eminvil_12

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:00 AM

k_man101 are you from austech?

A few mods which might suit your needs.

- Im sure you have XBMC installed if not, do it.
- If your needing to upgrade your hard drive maybe do the double HDD mod (2 HDD's in one xbox)
- If you having trouble with cooling you could upgrade to an aftermarket 80mm fan.
- or maybe even if you dont want to spend money on a new hard drive you could stream from your P.C
- If your ordering LED's i highly recomend www.123leds.com (now you will get replies saying theres different quality in LEDS and shit like that, they are all the same, these are cheap and postage is dirt cheap anywhere in the world.)
- For painting the xbox use dupli-color paint, this can be bought from auto stores.

thats all i have to say for now, goodluck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users