Photo

Any Reason/way To Mod The Bios With A Softmod?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 uratrtl

uratrtl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:42 AM

Now that I have installed evolution x and messed around with other dashes, emus, random apps and even upgraded to an 80 gig hard drive, I was wondering about what comes next...

What I was wondering was is it possible/reasonable to change the bios on the xbox?

What I dont know is whether or not I can or would even want to change my bios on my xbox? What are some advantages/disadvantages to changing the bios from the factory settings? I have no intent of going back to the old dashboard and I just wanted to know if there was any way or reason to change the bios?

Thanks in advance.

#2 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 October 2005 - 05:09 AM

if you have a softmodded xbox your bios is allready changed. if you mean you want to change the bios on the chip you should look into the tsop forums. the way I see it there are no real advantages into doing that.

#3 Neilor

Neilor

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 October 2005 - 12:55 PM

Krayzie is correct, as long as you've got the eeprom.bin backed up the TSOP flash has no real advantages.

But it is good to Play!! - I constantly hop back and forth between TSOP and Softmods

#4 uratrtl

uratrtl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:01 PM

ok cool, well that was easy then wasnt it? smile.gif

I guess my next question would be as it is I have igr turned on with evolution x, I hear this sometimes causes problems, so I was wondering if there would be some other kind of program bios, that can acomplish this feature without the added screwups?

#5 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:35 PM

any respected package will contain a igr embedded in the bios. evox igr can be turned off normally in that case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users