Photo

How Do They Get The Jewel To Stick But Be Clear?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Cichlid_Guy

Cichlid_Guy

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:43 PM

I am going to be putting a cold cathode ring around my jewel pretty soon but heres the problem: I want the jewel to be clear when but how do I make it stick to the case and not see any lip under the jewel or anything? I saw a picture of it before and it looked cool. Also I may decide to paint the jewel white so it is blue when xbox is on and white when off, what kind of paint should I use? Will the light go through the paint?

#2 jameschatz

jameschatz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:49 PM

Well if u leave the smallest lip possible ( about 1/8 of an inch i think) then u cant usually see it.

About the pain u will need sum kind of translucent paint. Not sure if u can get white but use google and hav a look around

#3 SilverStone641

SilverStone641

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:39 PM

you know what might work? If you clear the jewel, then put a peice of white paper behind it. The blue light might shine through the paper. I hope that helps!

#4 blue bandicoot

blue bandicoot

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:58 PM

user posted image

thats my white jewel with only a few layers of paint, so it looks solid, but can translute light.

user posted image
^^^ without any light, looks solid

#5 Cichlid_Guy

Cichlid_Guy

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:29 AM

Thanks. I have been think for awhile about this, at first I thought of the white paper but when I put a new mini jewel on my controller it didnt come out as well as I thought. I made a replica of the stock jewel out of plexi glass(cut it and rounded the edges and sanded it and then polished it), then I put a piece of paper with the xbox logo on it glued to the bottom of the mini jewel and glued that to the controller. It look pretty normal when off but not when lit. For the system jewel I am just going to try some paint, what kind? Could I just cover the top with masking tape and then spraypaint the bottom?

#6 eminvil_12

eminvil_12

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:25 AM

when making a jewell with no lip you need to use contact and stick it to the case, its extremely adhesive.

and maybe for the jewell to be two colours, maybe even look into a kind of tint. car tint.

#7 ClintiePoo

ClintiePoo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE(blue bandicoot @ Oct 6 2005, 07:09 PM)
thats my white jewel with only a few layers of paint, so it looks solid, but can translute light.

View Post

Translute? Transmit. Just being picky.

The jewel really looks awesome. I like the paint idea, making it bi-color. I ordered a custom jewel off of someone on ebay, and they etch a small border around the jewel so it covers up any glue.

#8 Agrooreo

Agrooreo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:25 AM

Use that window snow paint ever one hits there windows with on christmas. Will look solid white but let light through too. Plus its really cheap. It will work!!!!

#9 eminvil_12

eminvil_12

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:29 AM

white tint, white contact, white spraypaint also works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users