• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
  • Interests:XBOX! HOCKEY! POT AND SHROOMS! BEER!

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:21 AM

I watched the flyers/rangers game (glad the rangers came back but i wanted a shootout) and everything was going to be perfect

5 friends
canadian beer
all other responsibilities put aside

then the game started.... and immediately all 6 of us noticed something i fear will spoil watching hockey on oln.... the fucking camera.

it's zoomed in twice what it should be. all you can see is the person with the puck. then that person passes and you have no idea to who so the camera just jerks to the person who got the puck. then that person shoots and the camera jerks to the goal. you can't see a shot, you can't see a play develope.... what's the deal?

i know i couldn't have been the only one to notice this, what are your opinions? Is this on purpose, will it always be like this?

frustrsted,
thomes08

#2 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:22 PM

their second game, pens at sabres last night was even worse than the first. Zoomed in camera, real jerky movement, lost pucks all the time. the sound was cutting in and out... just awful

thomes08

#3 killerbootsman

killerbootsman

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:sports music xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:08 PM

you could try emailing OLN about it smile.gif

#4 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:27 PM

i have bitched about it on their forum.... a lot of people have. I urge anyone else who agrees with me to do the same so we can watch hockey again instead of a blurry mess where you can only see one person on the ice at a time

thomes08

#5 Hercules Q Einstein

Hercules Q Einstein

Scarface

• PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:07 AM

Funny thing is people i know that never liiked hockey saw some of it. Now they think hockey is awsome. I dont get why but they do.

#6 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:17 AM

a friend of mine who never watches hockey unless he's over and i force him to watch it was over tonight and said it was horrible. we watched the OLN game on one tv and the b.hawks game on a much crappier TV i have in my family room right next to my better one and it was OBVIOUS that the quality of the OLN game looked 15-20 years behind and the camera again was just awful. The picture is so blurry i could harldy believe it. What's the deal with that? Are they using cameras from the 80's or does it have something to do with the broadcasting meathod? It looks worse than any of the other programs they have on the show, even during the intermissions when they're in the studio it looks awful. What's the deal with that? My friend said the OLN game was "unwatchable" compared to the chicago game. It's a team sport and OLN is treating it like a tennis match. OLN is losing the fans they already have, which is so much worse than gaining a couple stupid fans.

thomes08

#7 Rubix42

Rubix42

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:23 PM

Give it time. OLN is brand new to this, I think they just signed the deal with the NHL a couple of months ago. Most TV networks have a lot more time to prepare. They'll get it, it will just take time.

#8 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:43 PM

the main issue is with the camera and it is deliberate, i think i remember reading when they first signed that they wanted to be "closer to the action" or some bullshit.

I'm looking for an email address to send my complain to, i'll post it here when i find it and hopefully others will as well. I think all of the other problems will be ironed out with time but this camera issue is the main complaint from most people

thomes08

#9 XBL_SUCKS

XBL_SUCKS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:47 PM

at least you didn't have to put up with that "fox puck" ohmy.gif that was just wrong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users