7 replies to this topic

#1 portarock

portarock

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:02 AM

Ive been reading about the same games talked about over and over so I decided I would search for some new info on this game and share it with my fellow XS members. Here is what I found:

IGN hands on

Video interview(its the one that says shakey cam not very good quailty but its a nice length)

Edited by portarock, 08 October 2005 - 10:10 AM.

#2 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:47 AM

Looks like a Dreamcast game and if the gameplay and bugs in GTA clones are anything to go by, it will suck

#3 portarock

portarock

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 12:19 PM

Wow you must have different model DC then I do. You mind selling it? tongue.gif

But seriously I know this game doesnt have the best graphics but I dont see why everyone keeps saying it looks like crap. Can anyone name a game in this same genre that has gfx on par or exceeding this game? Maybe its just that when I look at the gfx of a game I take into consideration what kind of game it is. This game is an "open world" game that has no loading ( according to dev), tons of customization, dynamic day/night cycle, dynamic wether, havok physics on just about everything ,advanced vehicle damage modelling and lots of npcs all with their own AI that react to the player. Making a game that has all that means that the gfx wont match that of the character model of a fighting game or any other game that doesnt have to keep track of that much stuff.

Edited by portarock, 08 October 2005 - 12:34 PM.

#4 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:59 PM

The car models look crap and the whole city looks boring. Take away the hi-res look and you've got a pretty average looking game.

#5 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(portarock @ Oct 8 2005, 01:30 PM)
Wow you must have different model DC then I do. You mind selling it?  tongue.gif

But seriously I know this game doesnt have the best graphics but I dont see why everyone keeps saying it looks like crap. Can anyone name a game in this same genre that has gfx on par or exceeding this game? Maybe its just that when I look at the gfx of a game I take into consideration what kind of game it is. This game is an "open world" game that has no loading ( according to dev), tons of customization, dynamic day/night cycle, dynamic wether, havok physics on just about everything ,advanced vehicle damage modelling and lots of npcs all with their own AI that react to the player. Making a game that has all that means that the gfx wont match that of the character model of a fighting game or any other game that doesnt have to keep track of that much stuff.

View Post

I know what you are trying to say, but Dynamic day/night cycles and weather are nothing to brag about since they've been around for quite a while in these types of game. The rest I agree on, though. tongue.gif

Anyways, any of you can doubt this game as much as you want, but doubting the Xbox 360 as a whole because you think that this is all it can push out needs a little bit of help. Just a little bit.

Edited by Carlo210, 08 October 2005 - 09:16 PM.

#6 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:16 PM

Looks like a Dreamcast game

It does? blink.gif

I need to get this game biggrin.gif

#7 portarock

portarock

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:57 PM

Well this game is no Oblivion but I think its a step in the right direaction for this genre.

The only reason I mentioned the day/night cycles and weather is because they are just another feature that the game has to keep track of and becuase the game is supposed to have specular mapping so the day/night cycles will effect the lighting and reflections on everything.

#8 Helios

Helios

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 October 2005 - 02:26 PM

Yeah I don't really like it. I ended up hating the GTA series after Vice City came out. This will be the same. Its gonna be garbage in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users