Photo

Is There Anyway To Hack/modify Vs. Maps?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CrakkedOut

CrakkedOut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:17 AM

eh i was playing SC:CT the other day and i was looking at the textures in the maps and whatnot and began thinking that i could provide or make textures that would be better looking in some ways. are there any programs that would allow me to see the textures in each level and replace/add to it?

and let me ask about Steel Squat.....if that map is loading from the HDD would we be able to mod it and play that modded map on XBL just like how it was done with Halo2? No im not a cheater and i dont need my ranking to go up since i've only played like 30+ games in ranked story mode haha....

just curious! thanks!

#2 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:28 PM

well.. considering this is a pretty dead forum and there arent many SC fans willing to be active here sadly, i dont know how much response you will get from this.

as for hacking a map to use on xbox live, i would have to say that its best not to do that, and best not to discuss it.

as for hacking a map for any other reason such as xlink or just to do it, it would be awesome, and i only wish i could help/contribute to this cause.

as for opening the map files to look at textures, i have no clue what tool would be used, or how to get it, but if you could find out and make any progress, please post here as i would love to help with a custo map... even making some old maps from pandora tomorrow work on chaos theory....mount hospital, vertigo, schermerhorn, krauser... they were all great maps.

anyways.. good luck and i hope something comes out of this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users