8 replies to this topic

#1 h00ligan

h00ligan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 03:58 PM

Ok, i have a v1 xbox, installed xecuter 2 pro.

flashed successfully with the blue bios, when the chip is off, it boots with greeen and ms name, when it is on it boots with blue (no name below) the flash verified supposedly.

In either case the boot loadas and then doesn't find the original dash, or boot from a slayer dvd-r. error 7 i think, youknow the take your xbox in for service error. Aside from rechecking the hd connection, shouldn't i be able to boot the cd or at least turn off the chip and boot the old dash?

Any ideas?

thanks
-h00ligan

#2 Doing it like Methius

Doing it like Methius

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (h00ligan @ Apr 13 2003, 04:58 PM)
Ok, i have a v1 xbox, installed xecuter 2 pro.

flashed successfully with the blue bios, when the chip is off, it boots with greeen and ms name, when it is on it boots with blue (no name below) the flash verified supposedly.

In either case the boot loadas and then doesn't find the original dash, or boot from a slayer dvd-r. error 7 i think, youknow the take your xbox in for service error. Aside from rechecking the hd connection, shouldn't i be able to boot the cd or at least turn off the chip and boot the old dash?

Any ideas?

thanks
-h00ligan

huh.gif

#3 h00ligan

h00ligan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 04:31 PM

with the chip on error 07 wit it disabled error 09

any thoughts guys, where can i find error code descriptions

#4 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 04:32 PM

You can find it at
http://www.xbox-scen.../errorcodes.php

#5 h00ligan

h00ligan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Shadowcat @ Apr 13 2003, 05:32 PM)
You can find it at

thanks..

another interesting thing, when i boot with the x2pro disabled and it comes up green, there is no longer a MS logo underneath it.. nt sure if that is a function of the bios on a chip or the software on the drive.

Cheers

#6 Doing it like Methius

Doing it like Methius

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (h00ligan @ Apr 13 2003, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (Shadowcat @ Apr 13 2003, 05:32 PM)
You can find it at

thanks..

another interesting thing, when i boot with the x2pro disabled and it comes up green, there is no longer a MS logo underneath it.. nt sure if that is a function of the bios on a chip or the software on the drive.

Cheers

if it doesn;t say MS, that sounds pretty fishy, stay away from LIVE, until you know 100% what going on

#7 h00ligan

h00ligan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 05:09 PM

if it doesn;t say MS, that sounds pretty fishy, stay away from LIVE, until you know 100% what going on [/QUOTE]
the ide cable was indeed loose on the mb connector, problem is, i corrected it to boot with the same error.. hmm. both errors point to hard drive reading problems.. this is very odd.i wonder something. I think maybe this blue boiso flash, i wonder if it is the correct flash... retail bioses require the drive to be locked, hmm.. damnit this is frustrating

Edited by h00ligan, 13 April 2003 - 05:21 PM.

#8 h00ligan

h00ligan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 05:56 PM

OK, so i am using pogopings, i removed teh chip from teh pins and it frags as it should, when switched on, when switched off it loads the ms db no problem.. so this has to bein the bios/chip arena, i suppose i will try to find another bios and reflash it. I was using the evox blu latest release.. in all 4 banks, and 3+4 dip switches on when trying to boot, does this sound right?

cheers

#9 h00ligan

h00ligan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 07:42 PM

oh holy crap, i installed the developer image. d6 blue

here is the deal as it sits.

The pogopins are in right, frags perfectly.. the ribbon cable is fine,.. i can throw switches and get diff results.
Computer parallel port is fine, i used it to flash before.. now i get xecuter 2 chip not found... i think installing this dev image effed it all up. What util can i use to flash this blank or back to "normal"

the executer bios manager won't connect now. says no executer chip found.

Edited by h00ligan, 13 April 2003 - 07:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users