38 replies to this topic

#1 jvanepps

jvanepps

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:50 AM

Is anyone disappointed in the graphics of Tony Hawk? In my mind, the game has not improved since the first Tony Hawk on xbox. You look at games like NBA 2k6. and NBA Live and you think, and compare to tony hawk.

I am not 100% but this game will be a huge non seller. I like the tony hawk series, but this game does not appeal to me, in fact I think it sucks. biggrin.gif

#2 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:32 PM

Why are you comparing it to these games anyway? ITS TONY HAWK! The only improvements you should be expecting is gameplay improvements.

#3 guidop

guidop

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(jvanepps @ Oct 11 2005, 01:01 PM)
Is anyone disappointed in the graphics of Tony Hawk? In my mind, the game has not improved since the first Tony Hawk on xbox. You look at games like NBA 2k6. and NBA Live and you think, and compare to tony hawk.
I am not 100% but this game will be a huge non seller. I like the tony hawk series, but this game does not appeal to me, in fact I think it sucks.  biggrin.gif

View Post

man thug 2 was a fuck load better than tw4 on xbox. the game isn't finished yet and i think it will be fun for a few days atleast. i think this is a rent it than buy it game.

nba live looks crap

#4 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(jvanepps @ Oct 10 2005, 10:01 PM)
I am not 100% but this game will be a huge non seller. I like the tony hawk series, but this game does not appeal to me, in fact I think it sucks.  biggrin.gif

View Post

how can you compare games that have an enclosed area (NBA games) with a set limit of characters on screen to a game that has a VAST landscape and draw distance showing hundreds of detailed objects?? thats like saying halo is ugly compared to DoA3 which is just stupid. take EVERYTHING into consideration when you judge how a game looks. this game wasnt built from the ground up for the 360 and is a cross-generation game. for what its worth i was really impressed with the latest build of this game and think it will be a huge success.

as someone has said, its about the gameplay that you should be concerned about and for them to give you such a HUGE skatepark to play around in how the hell can you complain if you claim to be a tony hawk fan?

think before you speak or all you will get is flamed

#5 jvanepps

jvanepps

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:24 PM

I dont mind getting flamed because that could happen with any post. I am all for gameplay as that is what counts in the end. I just think graphics on all games should be taken to the next level.

If you had to deal with PS1 graphics on the Xbox but had great gameplay, would you have been a critic? yes i think so. The graphics so far on tony hawk look much like previous versions. I agree with the poster above that this will be a rent only title.

Last thing to note, i posted this last night after staying up pretty late and I watched some of the Tony hawk vids from IGN and they kept showing the producer talking about all these tricks and i was not impressed, in comparison to games like PGR3, NBA Live, PD0, etc.

I think if someone walked into your house and you were playing a game like NBA 2k6, people would have to do a double take to see if it was a real game on, that is the level i want things at.

#6 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE(jvanepps @ Oct 11 2005, 11:35 AM)
I dont mind getting flamed because that could happen with any post. I am all for gameplay as that is what counts in the end. I just think graphics on all games should be taken to the next level.

If you had to deal with PS1 graphics on the Xbox but had great gameplay, would you have been a critic? yes i think so. The graphics so far on tony hawk look much like previous versions. I agree with the poster above that this will be a rent only title.

Last thing to note, i posted this last night after staying up pretty late and I watched some of the Tony hawk vids from IGN and they kept showing the producer talking about all these tricks and i was not impressed, in comparison to games like PGR3, NBA Live, PD0, etc.
I think if someone walked into your house and you were playing a game like NBA 2k6, people would have to do a double take to see if it was a real game on, that is the level i want things at.

View Post

did you not pay any attention to anything that has been said?? its a port. you cant compare games like PDO, PGR3, and Live to tony hawk. you just cant, if the levels in tony hawk was the same size as a basketball court or a level of PD0 then you still couldnt compare the two games because ITS A PORT! also even if the game was being built from the ground up for the 360 (or ps3 for that matter) it still couldnt reach the level of detail and realism that you are asking for because it isnt possible! again comparing enclosed or linear games to an open ended huge city is not possible, get it that time? learn atleast the basics of game development before you post again.

what rock do these people crawl out from? uhh.gif

#7 jvanepps

jvanepps

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:11 PM

dude you are a jerk hands down. I am the consumer, not a programmer, i dont have to learn all that crap, as most people that play games do not learn about the development into a game in order to play it, or is that what you waste your time on?

What rock did I crawl out of, the one that would bust the side of your head if I got to meet you in person is which one!

Go ahead, waste more of your time responding to me. pop.gif

#8 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(jvanepps @ Oct 11 2005, 06:22 PM)
dude you are a jerk hands down. I am the consumer, not a programmer, i dont have to learn all that crap, as most people that play games do not learn about the development into a game in order to play it, or is that what you waste your time on?

What rock did I crawl out of, the one that would bust the side of your head if I got to meet you in person is which one!

Go ahead, waste more of your time responding to me.  pop.gif

View Post

Calm down people. If m_hael hears of this thread it will hurt his feelings.

#9 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(jvanepps @ Oct 11 2005, 01:22 PM)

Go ahead, waste more of your time responding to me.  pop.gif

View Post

i dont think im wasting my time at all, i find your ignorance quite amusing. if you dont care to atleast have common sense when it comes to the basics of game development then you have no right in voicing your opinion. thats like me complaining and comparing cars while knowing nothing of auto-mechanics and vehicles. so dont get all sensetive and calling people jerks and make useless threats because they make you look or feel stupid.

#10 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Oct 11 2005, 06:55 PM)
i dont think im wasting my time at all, i find your ignorance quite amusing.  if you dont care to atleast have common sense when it comes to the basics of game development then you have no right in voicing your opinion.  thats like me complaining and comparing cars while knowing nothing of auto-mechanics and vehicles.  so dont get all sensetive and calling people jerks and make useless threats because they make you look or feel stupid.

View Post

People are entitled to their own opinion Kage, chill out. If someone does agree with you regaurdless of ignorance that is no excuse to not let them voice their opinion.

Evered heard of freedom of speach?

No, that's right you have blocked me just like every other people you don't agree with.

#11 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(Ozy @ Oct 11 2005, 02:04 PM)
People are entitled to their own opinion Kage, chill out. If someone does agree with you regaurdless of ignorance that is no excuse to not let them voice their opinion.

Evered heard of freedom of speach?

No, that's right you have blocked me just like every other people you don't agree with.

View Post

WTF are you talking about? i dont have you blocked nor anyone else. Im as chilled as chilled can be, im not the one make threats or calling names. you are right that everyone has the right to voice their opinion but when someone tries to help them and they ignore it completely then i think thats wrong. i agree he could keep spouting but he will have to deal with flaming and arguements from such comments.

#12 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Oct 11 2005, 07:41 PM)
WTF are you talking about?  i dont have you blocked nor anyone else.  Im as chilled as chilled can be, im not the one make threats or calling names.  you are right that everyone has the right to voice their opinion but when someone tries to help them and they ignore it completely then i think thats wrong.  i agree he could keep spouting but he will have to deal with flaming and arguements from such comments.

View Post

yes amitidally (spell) he was insulting you and probably deserved flamming. I was just speaking in general about a number of topics where you have acted a bit harshly towards memember and I'm not talking about the ones I have tainted.

#13 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE(Ozy @ Oct 11 2005, 02:57 PM)
yes amitidally (spell) he was insulting you and probably deserved flamming. I was just speaking in general about a number of topics where you have acted a bit harshly towards memember and I'm not talking about the ones I have tainted.

View Post

again i have no idea what your talking about. the only ones i can be a bit harsh rescently to are you, wedding, infamous, and deftones. and i try to do better then just insulting anyone. the only thing i basically do is state facts when people like to preach BS. besides what are you doing keeping tabs on anyone?? isnt that the moderaters jobs? i respect many people on this forum and in the time of posting here have a good idea who knows what their talking about and who doesnt. also i have never gone out of my way to piss someone off or lower myself into pointlessly insulting someone so if anyone decides to be sensitive to the truth its not my fault or problem.

i say we get past all this un-needed drama (theres enough in this forum) and get back to the topic at hand. biggrin.gif

#14 gaz_dennis

gaz_dennis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:05 PM

ive played a few tony hawks games and i cant remember one that looked paticularly
impressive,but then i dont think these games have to rely on photo realistic graphics to shift quantities.they are fun for the casual gamer even more so for skateboarders etc.and theres even something for the hardcore, combos,secrets and the like.from what ive read about this game and if they can get a good live set up then this could be quite interesting.

#15 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Oct 11 2005, 09:24 PM)
i say we get past all this un-needed drama (theres enough in this forum) and get back to the topic at hand.  biggrin.gif

View Post

Ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users