38 replies to this topic

#16 jaskerzada006

jaskerzada006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:13 PM

It looks like shit even for an Xbox1 game.

#17 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(jaskerzada006 @ Oct 12 2005, 02:24 PM)
It looks like shit even for an Xbox1 game.

View Post

People don't be over critical about this game, I'm sure M_hael and his team are doing their best....

#18 maxlifo

maxlifo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:08 PM

OK, it's not as next gen graphics-wise as some of us are hoping for but, it's the gameplay that counts for me. I'm a Tony Hawks series fan, still play every now and then on my Xbox. It's great for a bit of pick up and play fun and great fun to play through.

New in game footage of Tony Hawks:

Hi res: http://www.gametrail...d=8016&type=wmv

Low res: http://www.gametrail...d=8015&type=wmv

I reckon it looks a lot better than previous stuff I've seen, it's still on my preorder list!

#19 jaskerzada006

jaskerzada006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:08 PM

If gameplay is all that matters then we wouldn't be playing video games at all. Go play cards or something.

Chess is some great gameplay.

#20 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE(jaskerzada006 @ Oct 12 2005, 01:19 PM)
If gameplay is all that matters then we wouldn't be playing video games at all.  Go play cards or something.

View Post

its not so simple as that. a lot of people dont consider the DC to have good graphics but i still play it to this day. to me, as long as the game doesnt look like ass, its usually the gameplay that matters most.

#21 jaskerzada006

jaskerzada006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:00 PM

its not so simple as that. a lot of people dont consider the DC to have good graphics but i still play it to this day. to me, as long as the game doesnt look like ass, its usually the gameplay that matters most.

DC is the Jesuit Christo of Video Games. It was graphically ahead of the ps2, which was released after it.

#22 maxlifo

maxlifo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE(jaskerzada006 @ Oct 12 2005, 07:19 PM)
If gameplay is all that matters then we wouldn't be playing video games at all.  Go play cards or something.

View Post

Smart ass wink.gif

Let me rephrase, As far as Tony Hawks goes the gameplay is more important to me, I'm not expecting out of this world graphics, I'd rather sacrifice that for an open environment to play in. Some may argue the series hasn't progressed and I know for a fact some of my mates say "man it's so boring now, same old same old". Maybe so, but I like it. Personal preference.

ML.

ps I hate chess and I'm shit at cards laugh.gif

#23 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:41 PM

You know, I have this wild and crazy idea. If you like skating so much that you still play the Tony Hawk games, go outside and skate. Honestly, Activision is like EA Junior anymore. Tony Hawk continues to become more and more unrealistic every game, yet still plays just like the original. Whats next, we can skate on the top of a volcano rolleyes.gif No thats right, just an entire city that will be full of ramps instead of sidewalks rolleyes.gif How far fetched will this game have to become before Tony Hawk even says take my name off it.

Activision................More Like Electronic Activision or for short EA rotfl.gif

#24 maxlifo

maxlifo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:56 PM

Another Smart ass rotfl.gif

I tried skating and I was shit at that as well, much easier to sit on a sofa and play it. Yeah sure it's unreallistic. I'd like to try a skate sim game if one was available. Maybe you should make one seeing as you seem so upset with the current state of play with Activision.

Man, did you ever play the second ghostbusters game on a home computer in 1989? that was crazy terrible and stupidly hard I almost threw my Atari ST out the window. Activision have been around for years and had plenty of duffs. Not sure about your point. And not 100% sure why everyone's hating on EA so much. I enjoy some of their games believe it or not, you probably do as you probably think I'm pathetic enjoying Tony Hawks games.

Peace.

#25 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE(maxlifo @ Oct 13 2005, 03:07 PM)
Another Smart ass  rotfl.gif

I tried skating and I was shit at that as well, much easier to sit on a sofa and play it.  Yeah sure it's unreallistic.  I'd like to try a skate sim game if one was available.  Maybe you should make one seeing as you seem so upset with the current state of play with Activision.

Man, did you ever play the second ghostbusters game on a home computer in 1989?  that was crazy terrible and stupidly hard I almost threw my Atari ST out the window. Activision have been around for years and had plenty of duffs.  Not sure about your point.  And not 100% sure why everyone's hating on EA so much.  I enjoy some of their games believe it or not, you probably do as you probably think I'm pathetic enjoying Tony Hawks games.

Peace.

View Post

Mate chill. Read deftones sig and you will see what is going on here. He is a pissy person.
Anyway, we have an activision developer on the scene 'm_hael', a well repected member and very knowledgeable, he works on the toney hawks games, perhaps he will tell you if a skater sim is in development (if not under NDA).

#26 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(maxlifo @ Oct 13 2005, 10:07 AM)
Another Smart ass  rotfl.gif

I tried skating and I was shit at that as well, much easier to sit on a sofa and play it.  Yeah sure it's unreallistic.  I'd like to try a skate sim game if one was available.  Maybe you should make one seeing as you seem so upset with the current state of play with Activision.

Man, did you ever play the second ghostbusters game on a home computer in 1989?  that was crazy terrible and stupidly hard I almost threw my Atari ST out the window. Activision have been around for years and had plenty of duffs.  Not sure about your point.  And not 100% sure why everyone's hating on EA so much.  I enjoy some of their games believe it or not, you probably do as you probably think I'm pathetic enjoying Tony Hawks games.

Peace.

View Post

everyone has their own opinion, i think that tony hawk fans know by now what to expect from the series and as long as the devs keep trying to innovate the series then the fans should be happy.

i got to say though that i love that sig, i laughed out loud when i first saw that. laugh.gif

#27 maxlifo

maxlifo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:23 PM

Exactly Kage! and Oz, I'm chilled as a penguin, just trying to work out Deftones train of thought. Too many "Pissy" smart asses about on here.

Glad you like the Sig Kage wink.gif Couldn't resist shopping it when I saw the Peter Moore pic. Was gonna go for some Martial arts theme but thought this was funnier.

Edited by maxlifo, 13 October 2005 - 03:24 PM.

#28 jaskerzada006

jaskerzada006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:30 PM

ps I hate chess and I'm shit at cards

You have lost all respect.

J\K

You say gameplay matters, but your praising a game thats game play hasn't changed sequal after sequal after sequal sequal after sequal after sequal

Learn to play Chess....then you'll know what gameplay is.

#29 maxlifo

maxlifo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:33 PM

Haha!

#30 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:44 PM

Sorry, I just have no respect for a company that makes the same game year after year (like Activision and EA) with just new levels and worlds. I also don't have any respect for a developer that wastes their time on something like that. I'd rather play Tony Hawk 1 on the PSX or Tony Hawk 2 on PC. Its not like the 360 graphics are that much better. rotfl.gif
Example Tony Hawk 2 on PC
user posted image
and tony hawk xbox 360
user posted image

after all these years, I expect more, but shite games is what you get when a company makes a new one every year rolleyes.gif or shall I say rehashes their old one year after year rotfl.gif

Edited by deftonesmx17, 13 October 2005 - 03:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users