38 replies to this topic

#31 jaskerzada006

jaskerzada006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:46 PM

Sorry, I just have no respect for a company that makes the same game year after year (like Activision and EA) with just new levels and worlds. I also don't have any respect for a developer that wastes their time on something like that.

I second that.

#32 psychoace

psychoace

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:24 PM

Tony Hawk 1-4 were 2 minute or so time limit try to complete make runs to complete said task
Tony Hawk Underground 1-2 were a story line based missions Yes they included simular tasks but it was better layed out. Also the trick list has improved ( the screen shots that were a comparison can easily show that the character is higher res and so are the textures. I am sure if you show Tony hawk 2 at it's best and this new tony hawk's best you would easily see the difference but the Tony Hawk 2 shot is showing very little geometry and the new game is showing just buildings. I have seen better shots then that) but designs of the levels have improved and animation is more fluid. Also it's skating how much can they improve?

#33 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:47 PM

what people are bitching about can be applied to so many games. most racing series are nothing more then updated graphics and changed courses, a lot of fighting games are added moves and new fighting arenas, most sports games are updated rosters and new moves. if all these genres can get away with it why cant a skateboard game?

im not taking anyone side, hell i dont even care much for the tony hawk series, but i do know its a good game for what it tries to be. but what people are seeing as faults in this series need to look other places to reflect that its almost everywhere and in some respects there is nothing wrong with it. i love the VF, DoA, and street fighter games even though they have gradually improved and have been refined over the years (just like tony hawk games). there are many games that fallow this path and they continue to gather a huge fallowing (again just like the tony hawk series).

so if this game isnt your bag then pay no attention to it.

on a side note i have a problem with EA for more reasons then the rehash titles, and as for activision, i see a lot of good coming from them. they have given us the best spiderman games ever created, the first skateboard games that are actually fun and challenging, and are giving us some of the best WWII moments with the CoD series.

#34 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Oct 13 2005, 03:58 PM)
on a side note i have a  problem with EA for more reasons then the rehash titles, and as for activision, i see a lot of good coming from them.  they have given us the best spiderman games ever created, the first skateboard games that are actually fun and challenging, and are giving us some of the best WWII moments with the CoD series.

Your right, they jumped on the WWII bandwagon rolleyes.gif Do yourself a favor sometime, count the number of WWII shooters, FPS or 3rd PS, the number will astound you. I'm sorry but COD might be better than the series it copies (medal of honor) but its not that far ahead. As far as it just being a WWII game, yup thats originality rolleyes.gif

And about my screens, i was just showing the pathetic progress it has gained over the years.

Edited by deftonesmx17, 13 October 2005 - 08:58 PM.

#35 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Oct 13 2005, 04:06 PM)
Your right, they jumped on the WWII bandwagon rolleyes.gif Do yourself a favor sometime, count the number of WWII shooters, FPS or 3rd PS, the number will astound you. I'm sorry but COD might be better than the series it copies (medal of honor) but its not that far ahead. As far as it just being a WWII game, yup thats originality rolleyes.gif
And about my screens, i was just showing the pathetic progress it has gained over the years.

View Post

i understand how many WWII games are out there and in no way am i saying its a good thing, thats why im happy the vietnam fad died real quick in gaming. however unlike 90% of the other WWII games, i think CoD does a good job of achieving what they try to do. its a good game and its also a good shooter, you cant expect any originality from a game that is based on the past, but you can expect innovation in the way the game is played and experienced and IMO CoD2 does a fantastic job of providing a fun, exciting and authentic experience as far as WWII shooters go. since you cant really expand much on the past they have improved on how they present it with the scenes of war, the great AI, and the huge expansive areas you battle in. would you downplay Brothers in Arms because its a WWII shooter as well? i hope not as that is a great game and will turn into a great series as well. hell IMO CoD and Brothers in Arms are the only good WWII games out in the market. its bad when there is such an overcrowded market for a type of game but its not so bad when you can tell whats crap and whats not.

#36 jaskerzada006

jaskerzada006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:08 PM

Skate or Die on NES was more innovative than the entire Tony Hawk series put together.

#37 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(jaskerzada006 @ Oct 13 2005, 04:19 PM)
Skate or Die on NES was more innovative than the entire Tony Hawk series put together.

View Post

you cant even begin to compare two games like that. you could compare skate or die on the ps1 with tony hawk as they are both 3d skateboarding games.

it seems like to me some of you guys are looking for reasons not to like this game and that the series has gotten old to you even though you arent fans of the series. it makes no sense to me. if the existence of the series is that annoying to you then just ignore it completely because no matter how much bickering or complaining is done it will still exist and continue to sell well. besides i would wait till the next installment in the series to judge its next gen debut as this is a cross generation game and shouldnt be scrutinized so much. like i said before, i think it looks great and for those who love it im sure this will be the best playing version out there. biggrin.gif

#38 ClintiePoo

ClintiePoo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:02 PM

Back when I was in high school, Tony Hawk was the coolest thing around. Except for Skate of Die on the NES and some stupid EA games thingy (I don't really remember) on the PS1, there was no skateboarding game anywhere. We played Coolboarders because it was all we had.

Tony Hawk came out and was awesome! It kept getting better with each new installment, and I think THUG 2 is a pretty good game. My only complaint is that I like the Playstation controller better than the xbox one for this game. Oh well...

Edit: I searched and it looks like I'll be ordering a Dreambox converter smile.gif.

Edited by ClintiePoo, 13 October 2005 - 10:04 PM.

#39 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:17 AM

Wow... this thread didn't go south it started there...
I'm ashamed that I didn't catch it sooner...

**TOPIC CLOSED**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users