#1 frostyfire03530

frostyfire03530

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:04 PM

ok i put uix in a diff. box than before, a 1.6 and now after like short periods of time the screen can some times freeze or you can move through things but it makes this really loud buzzing noise
*PICTURE*
this is what the screen will just flip into and some times the dash stalls
any ideas???

#2 frostyfire03530

frostyfire03530

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:41 PM

I thought about this for a moment then I couldn't remember if i'm using the 1.6 xbe for uix... hm... now i'm gonna go check that my be why

#3 Cartman117

Cartman117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:20 AM

Clear Cache then check audio and fonts then just replace with new xbe. If it still doesnt work then idk.

#4 frostyfire03530

frostyfire03530

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:50 AM

well, ok i guess switching the xbe worked... but i thought i was allready using the fixed one, meh OK as long as it's working now smile.gif no problems and uix is working normal (so, silly not to have changed the xbe DOH! laugh.gif )

#5 frostyfire03530

frostyfire03530

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:26 AM

i think i figured it out i'm useing an incompatable bios... I used to use IND but they don't have a 1.6 then i was using the evox m8 plus (i think something like that) but i know now it's not uix because one time the screen loaded all buggy with the evox bios... so either it's my bios or my mod chip IDK i'm gonna find out!

#6 frostyfire03530

frostyfire03530

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:33 AM

this really bites. i can't find a bios that will work right in my box... all the bioses i've used will run... but after a while i get crappy results( now not just in uix ) like freezing, rendering of things turn out funny, and just ARGH.... this really sucks.. has anyone EVER had this problem i can't find a thread anywhere.

#7 midas

midas

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:boom.

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:17 AM

1) Don't Ever Listen to Cartman117

2) The old xbe isn't compatible with M8 bios and 1.6 boxes.

3) If you chip has a 512kb flash on it, use the x2 bios.

#8 LTools

LTools

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:33 AM

Why shouldnt yall listin to cartman? He provided a small solution. And Frosty says it works so whats the deal.

#9 midas

midas

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:01 AM

Because he is wrong. He said to check fonts and audio, which wouldn't be the case, bacause the dash is laoding. Clearing the cache wouldn't have been it either . . . . but maybe the new xbe. . . . . I was just giving my advice.

#10 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:49 AM

LTools that's cartman's answer to EEEEVERY UIX related problem. The worst part is, he doesn't even understand why he's saying it. He's heard me and others tell him to do that and it fixed his problem so it's the obvious answer to him. But what sets it over the top is the fact that he thinks he's some type of genius for saying it.

Having the dash lock up, could be the result of faulty xips, but not the way frostyfire03530 is talking about. My first guess was maybe his video chip was burning itself out. I've seen it happen on an xbox left on over night. It could load the dash but it was totally fucked up, and if you loaded something simple like a nes rom it'd work with minor glitches but there was no chance of playing an xbox game on it. As things got more complex in video the mess ups got considerably worse.

frosty you better be careful with it. If its the video chip it's not something you can just replace like a daughter board or a fan. But try to use the X2 bios if you can.

#11 midas

midas

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 02:07 AM

Amen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users