• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:48 PM

Ah! Your message is incomplete for me! Damn you servers DAMN YOU!

#2 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:49 PM

Ok, I know this looks like I posted this thread but I didn't....Honestly you have to belive me! Go check in the topic list! It wasn't me! sad.gif

#3 rasmithuk

rasmithuk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:51 PM

Sorry about that Ozy, I assumed that since the topic was there the contents would be too.

More HD videos of PDZ at gametrailers.com.

One is of a multiplayer game and the other is a much longer version of the roof-tops single player demo.
The AI in the new roof-tops vid looks better (but maybe that's just me). The sound effects sound pretty good as well (pity about the mic on the camera not quite being up to it).

http://www.gametrail...age.php?id=2184

#4 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:55 PM

Cheers for the vids and coming clean of your crime, lol. How did you do that anyway, post a thread without contents?

#5 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(Ozy @ Oct 12 2005, 07:06 PM)
Cheers for the vids and coming clean of your crime, lol. How did you do that anyway, post a thread without contents?

View Post

Hooray, he broke the Invision biggrin.gif

Good stuff on the new videos. Video no.3 has some darker scenes in the beginning that look amazing, advanced lightings and textures really bring the surfaces to life.

I'm still not too keen on the outside scenes tho, the even lighting makes them look much less dramatic than well-planned balance of darkness and light.

#6 rasmithuk

rasmithuk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE(Ozy @ Oct 12 2005, 04:06 PM)

View Post

Er.... good question smile.gif.
I clicked post, it thought about it and then I got a nice 'server disconnected' error. Since I could see a new topic with the right name I assumed that it worked.
I think I better hurry up and starting coding the forum system I'm planning.

#7 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(rasmithuk @ Oct 12 2005, 04:24 PM)
I think I better hurry up and starting coding the forum system I'm planning.

View Post

Oh?

#8 rasmithuk

rasmithuk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(Ozy @ Oct 12 2005, 04:39 PM)
Oh?

View Post

Just one of my many mad programming projects smile.gif.
Give me a month or so and we'll see if it's going to be any good or just another silly idea.

#9 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:00 PM

This one's the better of the two.

If I hear anyone still bitchin about the game's graphics I am going to come through your monitor and strangle the ish... out of you! laugh.gif

http://www.gametrail...d=8058&type=wmv

#10 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:07 PM

1up.com's latest impressions of PDZ.

A rolling Xbox 360 gathers no moss, and to keep its next-gen momentum going, MS is holding Xbox 360 play sessions in both San Francisco and New York for the next couple days.

Now I live near Frisco and I had no idea M$'s showcasing the X360 out here grr.gif
I gotta find this!

Anyways, I like this quote:

Perfect Dark Zero may not be anywhere close to a Halo in the making, but any way you look at it, the game is shaping up to be a true killer app. As if the Hong Kong rooftop and car garage levels we saw at X05 weren't evidence enough, seeing these new areas in Perfect Dark Zero has convinced us that Joanna definitely has what it takes to carry the 360 launch next month.

Read the entire article here:
http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3144596

#11 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:12 PM

I love the showdown at the parking garage one.

Look at the fugging explosions!!

#12 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE(miggidy @ Oct 12 2005, 01:18 PM)
1up.com's latest impressions of PDZ.
Now I live near Frisco and I had no idea M$'s showcasing the X360 out here grr.gif
I gotta find this!

View Post

it was for editors and moderators at forums/websites mostly.

2 people I know from a forum got chosen by a female MS rep who lurked for a while and chose people that were the most "level headed and non biased", hence why I wasn't picked...hahahaha.

They got 2 pick to attend either the NY or SF one, they both attended the SF one and from their emails to me from the event, they walked away floored, and that was just by the dash and how cool it is.

They also said games like PGR and PD Zero are mind blowing in person, to actually see them in motion and control them was better than expected. They also said King Kong is a lot better than they expected. They tried the pc demo and werent impressed, but the 360 version is far along and is very smooth and very playable. They said even on the lowest difficulty, they kept getting eaten by T Rex's..hahahahaha

One of them wasnt expecting anything from Call of Duty 2, but walked away impressed and was rattled after playing, there was so much action going on. He also agreed that from the pc demo(might not be fair to compare seeing as the pc demo is just that, a demo), the 360 version is much smoother, looks cleaner, and runs a LOT faster.

These guys are home theatre nuts so they complained instantly when they sat down to see uncalibrated samsung displays laugh.gif they despise lcd as well and can't wait to get home to their expensive crt sets and dlp projectors.

They played coop Pd Zero and ones face was pink while the others was white during cut scenes, it drove them nuts tongue.gif

#13 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:16 AM

Great info Def!

Lucky fuggers! tongue.gif

Their experience with these games isn't making it any easier on me.
So many great titles to choose from biggrin.gif
Well at least it's reasuring that these games looked great even on uncalibrated LCD's. And best of all, the games play great as well beerchug.gif

#14 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:20 AM

They said PGR 3 framerate was sickeningly fast and smooth. Amazing what motion blur can do to make it feel like a solid 60 fps huh? beerchug.gif

I forgot to mention that in the other post.

#15 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:24 AM

Well it's either 30 fps hidden with motion blur ready for launch,
or 60 fps but delayed.

I'll take the first tongue.gif