GT5 (in game footage?) unsure.gif

#2 Shinamano

Shinamano

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:44 PM

Downloading now...but I will go ahead and say without seeing it: Not a chance in hell...

I could be wrong.

#3 spearfree

spearfree

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:46 PM

There is a trailer for SC4 as well

http://media.xbox360...174/vids_1.html

Edited by spearfree, 12 October 2005 - 10:47 PM.

#4 Shinamano

Shinamano

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:49 PM

I just watched it...I could believe that...looks on par with Gotham...

#5 LightningStruckMyXbox

LightningStruckMyXbox

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:54 PM

Looks great! Can't wait to get my hands on it! Actually, can't wait till E3 so we can see more vids.

#6 spearfree

spearfree

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE(Shinamano @ Oct 13 2005, 12:00 AM)
I just watched it...I could believe that...looks on par with Gotham...

View Post

True.

What do you think about that SC4 vid? I hope it looks as good as they claim it will be. This vid is probably for 360, but they say it's for ps3, i dunno.

#7 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:02 PM

id say that the GT5 video is easily possible

but i can tell you thats rendered, and simply put sony consoles could never deliver any AA without extreme penalties

#8 spearfree

spearfree

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Oct 13 2005, 12:13 AM)
id say that the GT5 video is easily possible
but i can tell you thats rendered, and simply put sony consoles could never deliver any AA without extreme penalties

View Post

Oh common man! Not everything they've showed was/is rendered. Even 360 has only few gameplay footages and I guess from your view I can say the rest of the vids for 360 are all rendered? I believe that once the game(s) is/are out they will look better than what they show us with those "rendered" vids on both consoles.

#9 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE(spearfree @ Oct 13 2005, 12:19 AM)
Oh common man! Not everything they've showed was/is rendered. Even 360 has only few gameplay footages and I guess from your view I can say the rest of the vids for 360 are all rendered? I believe that once the game(s) is/are out they will look better than what they show us with those "rendered" vids on both consoles.

View Post

I've seen slim to none of the Xbox 360 cgi videos where they didn't mention it being cgi.
I have no problem with showing cgi cutscenes for games, but Sony wants their devs games cutscenes to look like the game is being played (Killzone 2) so they can fool (yes, fool) people into thinking that's what the game will look like. I'm not saying the finished PS3 games will look crappy when finished, they will undoubtedly be on par with Xbox 360 as a next generation console.

I can tell that the vid is CGI though. Just look at the car technicians (what are they called) when they are cheering at the car. I don't see how they could/would bother with fluid car technician men animations or anything like that. Sorry.

Edited by Carlo210, 12 October 2005 - 11:19 PM.

#10 spearfree

spearfree

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Oct 13 2005, 12:21 AM)
I've seen slim to none of the Xbox 360 cgi videos where they didn't mention it being cgi (did they even show a cgi vid and make us think it's gameplay?).

I have no problem with showing cgi cutscenes for games, but Sony wants their devs games cutscenes to look like the game is being played (Killzone 2) so they can fool (yes, fool) people into thinking that's what the game will look like. I'm not saying the game will look crappy when finished, undoubtedly on par with Xbox 360 as a next generation console.

View Post

I agree with you on that one, but all I am saying is that not all of the vids are renderd (as you munchen, Killzone 2).

#11 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(spearfree @ Oct 13 2005, 12:30 AM)
I agree with you on that one, but all I am saying is that not all of the vids are renderd (as you munchen, Killzone 2).

View Post

Killzone 2 is pre-rendered.

I'm guessing thats what you meant to say.

#12 whiteblur67

whiteblur67

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:57 PM

i saw that footage weeks ago

gt 5 will look better than that becuase well its GT

now all sony needs to do is put triggers on that controller becuase xbox controller is still the ultimate racing controller

#13 spearfree

spearfree

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE(whiteblur67 @ Oct 13 2005, 01:08 AM)
i saw that footage weeks ago

gt 5 will look better than that becuase well its GT

now all sony needs to do is put triggers on that controller becuase xbox controller is still the ultimate racing controller

View Post

huh...I thought it was new smile.gif Well I hope it looks good (that good) smile.gif

#14 X2Gamer

X2Gamer

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:26 AM

GT has always looked good, just look at GT4 for the Ps2 is looks great and it's using the ps2 hardware. It seems like all games of the next gen have to look good for anyone to be impressed at all.

#15 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:49 AM

i believe its real time why not? it looks good as we expect next gen games to look good. also just like i expect forza to look that good. like it was said before that looks to be on par with PGR3 if not a little bit better, so i totally believe it to be real-time.

thats one of the (very very few) advantages of games being developed on the ps3 compared to the early 360 games (launch games). you cant take a "mock" ps3 and start your development on that, you have to start from the ground up using some form of the cell chip and a Nvidia GPU. the 360 however got altered macs as their early dev kits and didnt come close to showing the true power and so the early games are going to be held back by not being built from the ground up for the custom architecture within the system. yes that problem is over now since the final dev kits have been released but i believe it will help the ps3's launch titles that they were built from the ground up using the same technology that is going to be in the system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users